"cottage cheese" butt and thighs...

Options
bry_all01
bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
Ok, so this is Bry again. I have a question about my butt and thighs - how do I get rid of the cottage cheese, naturally? Running? Jumping? When I had my babies, the only place I got any cellulite, was back there. I am not so sure I am going to want to "flaunt" my stuff in November at the competition, if I still have that going on back there...Please help!

Thanks,
Bry

:blushing:

Replies

• cheddarboy
    cheddarboy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like a little cheese with my hams, lol couldn't resist...

I would say deep squats with medium to light weight, sets of 12-15 reps
  • Mrs_Hewi
    Mrs_Hewi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree with squats, id also do lunges. Not sure how much they will help but i know since ive been doing them my thighs are looking better and better
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Agreed. But the heavier weight you use, the faster results you'll see.
    Also jump-squats, jump-lunges, and any other variations help work nearly every muscle in the legs and core. Really effective.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    hahaha, Chedddarboy! Nice. I love cheese, too! Should be sad to give that up...Thanks for the squats and weights tip!

• bry_all01
    Options
    Sami, they have to help better than just hoping it will just "fall" off on its own, lol. Thanks!!
    I agree with squats, id also do lunges. Not sure how much they will help but i know since ive been doing them my thighs are looking better and better
  • bry_all01
    Options
    dragonbug300, nice! Good to know, thank you!

Agreed. But the heavier weight you use, the faster results you'll see.
    Also jump-squats, jump-lunges, and any other variations help work nearly every muscle in the legs and core. Really effective.
  • skyls
    skyls Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I thought you couldn't get rid of cellulite back there? Let me know if it works. I have the same problem, although I am sure I won't see any difference until I get close to my goal weight. If I remember correctly even then I had it, but less.
  • bry_all01
    Options
    skyls, That's kind of what I was afraid of myself...I don't need to lose anything other than cellulite and gain weight, so I was hoping to even it out - haha. I am going to lunge and squat until I just can't anymore and see what happens....At this point, that is my main problem area. :frown:
    I thought you couldn't get rid of cellulite back there? Let me know if it works. I have the same problem, although I am sure I won't see any difference until I get close to my goal weight. If I remember correctly even then I had it, but less.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    They look better because your legs are firming up
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    A: No — and that hurts me to say just as much as it hurts you to hear. Cellulite is a matter of age and genetics. It has everything to do with how your skin lies over the layer of adipose fat underneath it — so our best bet for reducing the appearance of cellulite is simply to lower our overall body fat with proper diet and exercise. In addition to reducing body fat, toning the muscles in your problem areas can help a bit by creating a firmer surface for the fat to rest on. And at the end of the day, remember that nobody's perfect. Even the hottest Hollywood starlet has a little cellulite (at least that's what I read in the tabloids — and those girls still look hot in a bikini). Do what you can to improve how you look, but don't beat yourself up over things you can't control. What's a few dimples, anyway?
  • bry_all01
    Options
    mrscates, you are right, do what I can to tighten and tone and well, so be it, I'll have some cottage cheese up on the stage, as long as my behind doesn't fall out of the itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini onstage, I'm all good. And, I hear they have stuff for that, right? I mean, who am I kidding? I am 33, almost 34, have 2 kids, what can I expect? I wonder if they'll let me enter in the Classics portion instead of the regular... lol. Thank you for the real talk! :)

Bry
    A: No — and that hurts me to say just as much as it hurts you to hear. Cellulite is a matter of age and genetics. It has everything to do with how your skin lies over the layer of adipose fat underneath it — so our best bet for reducing the appearance of cellulite is simply to lower our overall body fat with proper diet and exercise. In addition to reducing body fat, toning the muscles in your problem areas can help a bit by creating a firmer surface for the fat to rest on. And at the end of the day, remember that nobody's perfect. Even the hottest Hollywood starlet has a little cellulite (at least that's what I read in the tabloids — and those girls still look hot in a bikini). Do what you can to improve how you look, but don't beat yourself up over things you can't control. What's a few dimples, anyway?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Have you tried walking on a treadmill at the highest incline at a speed of 2.5 and not hold on?

That has helped tone up my back side a lot!
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck. If you find something that works, please share! Even at 120lbs in high school, being a swimmer, part of the track team, tennis team, and participating in cross country, and strength training, I could never get rid of the cellulite back there! It's very frustrating!!! My mom is really really fit, and she still has it. Maybe it's a genetic thing LOL
  • juscallmeb
    juscallmeb Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i'll be doing squats and lunges for the rest of the day.. please tell my work that i'm busy. :) haha

that's great advice and I can't wait to try it. ( I have cottage cheese upper thighs/butt, that's the one area I hate on myself...--well more than a few other areas) :(
  • bry_all01
    Options
    dad106, no, but I am willing ot try anything! Here's to hoping the apartment gym is open when I get off work, since its been closed for maintenance the past few days....Thanks!
    Have you tried walking on a treadmill at the highest incline at a speed of 2.5 and not hold on?

That has helped tone up my back side a lot!
  • bry_all01
    Options
    arw060310, sadly, I am pretty certain you are right - genetics. But, we can do what we can to make it a little less, right? Ü
    I wish you the best of luck. If you find something that works, please share! Even at 120lbs in high school, being a swimmer, part of the track team, tennis team, and participating in cross country, and strength training, I could never get rid of the cellulite back there! It's very frustrating!!! My mom is really really fit, and she still has it. Maybe it's a genetic thing LOL
  • bry_all01
    Options
    same here, giants10b (on least fave body part(s)! By the way, that whole too busy to work thing CRACKED me up! Can you imagine lunging down the halls at work, back and forth.
    i'll be doing squats and lunges for the rest of the day.. please tell my work that i'm busy. :) haha

that's great advice and I can't wait to try it. ( I have cottage cheese upper thighs/butt, that's the one area I hate on myself...--well more than a few other areas) :(
  • tkdgirl23
    tkdgirl23 Posts: 36
    Options
    I learned, you CAN get rid of cellulite.. its a matter of two things.

1. Work hard at lower body exercise, such as squats & deadlift, eliptical stair climbing machines
    2. What you put in your body.

We work out and burn some of those calories we eat.. but we are replacing that fat that is being burned by healthier foods. Whole grain foods. Veggies. Water.

3. There's also Goji the berries you can find at a health food store, actually Goji juice.. I don't know if you can get the whole berries.
    They help remove cellulite as well. Do your research, check it out.

But , I know for someone that had a lot of cellulite and not so much anymore.. 1 & 2 work really well. Oh check out " The Butt Bible " on demand on exercise tv.. she is absolutely amazing in her workouts for those specific areas. She will tell you , that its not genetics, your not meant to be fat , your meant to be healthy.. but sometimes, we have to work harder at it.. Her workouts have given me results in less then two weeks. Love Love Love Pauline Nordin. She's also very frank , and hilarious.

Good Luck!!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have always had it since i was a teen and i wasnt big then. I carry my fat in my legs and backside even when i am small. I got rid of 90% of it when i dropped the fat i went to about 130lb and it was decent. Since i used to be heavier, 215lb, my skin stretched and if made the cellulite worse, I know to get my skin to even out i will need to fix my legs from the inside out by doing muscle building exercises. I am trying to meet in the middle with this because i love having curves and curves usually mean a bit of cellulite.
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Running and lunges, squats, etc....Variety also helps as well