Addicted to Diet Coke!

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    muwee72 wrote: »
    She said its been linked to adding fat to the stomach area and she wants all natural foods

Omg

Where did she train?

She's a derpster
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Balsamic and quality virgin olive oil with a little salt

The King of dressings

• TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    Hello, I'm Brandon, and I used prescription diet pills and diet sodas as part of my weight loss plan.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I thought I was addicted to soda and energy drinks. Turns out I just like to drink something all day - tea, water, coffee.

I'm the same way. This is why I like no calorie drinks (water, unsweetened chilled tea, coffee, diet coke, LaCroix, whatever). I actually figured this out way before I had a weight issue, though, so I didn't get to cut calories just by cutting out caloric beverages, sigh.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    There is no scientific data to back up the claim that diet sodas lead to fat around the midsection. If you enjoy diet sodas, enjoy them in moderation. Don't use them as a substitute for water, but if you want one or two a day, there is nothing wrong with that. I don't drink them often, but I enjoy a Diet Pepsi maybe once a week. No sweat.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I agree. You should give up Diet Soda. Full of artificial chemicals and what not. Half of those words most of us cannot even pronounce correctly...

Drink Small Batch Craft Beer made from natural ingredients, from Planet Earth, the way it was meant to be.
  • TheLegendaryBrandonHarris
    Options
    What planet did Diet Coke come from? :wink:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    She said its been linked to adding fat to the stomach area and she wants all natural foods
    Hornsby wrote: »

She is wrong.

Yeah...a 0 calorie drink has no impact on weight gain. That's like saying water makes you fat.
    Full fat dressings are one of the worst things you can eat - completely ruins the salad's health benefits.
    LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh.
    It does not ruin a salad. How exactly would it do that? Do you have any scientific papers that prove this? Does ranch have special absorbing properties where none of the micro nutrients of the salad make it to the stomach? Does ranch dressing disintegrate fiber?

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    @fitmom4lifemfp How does full fat dressing "ruin" the health benefits of a salad? That's silly.

Okay bad wording. It can RUIN your day, calorie-wise. The salad, being naturally low-calorie, can be completely negated, calorie-wise, with full fat dressing.

• fitmom4lifemfp
    Options

She is wrong.

Yeah...a 0 calorie drink has no impact on weight gain. That's like saying water makes you fat.
    Full fat dressings are one of the worst things you can eat - completely ruins the salad's health benefits.
    LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh.
    It does not ruin a salad. How exactly would it do that? Do you have any scientific papers that prove this? Does ranch have special absorbing properties where none of the micro nutrients of the salad make it to the stomach? Does ranch dressing disintegrate fiber?

Jesus H Christ. If you can't figure out what I meant, then just ignore it. Oy vey.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options

Well to be fair, everyone was just going off of what you said. There was nothing to "figure out".

To be fair, your are right - there was nothing to figure out. It was really pretty simple. Hope I have cleared it up for you.
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    1 - You're not addicted, you just like it. That's okay.

2 - There ARE studies that link diet soda consumption to increased appetite, and uncontrolled appetite can lead to weight gain. Work on your willpower, and it should be less of an issue. A no-calorie beverage in and of itself is not the culprit for your weight. You know that.

3 - Stopping diet soda altogether may help you de-bloat, which will be a fun drop in weight. Drinking a gallon or so of water a day is a GREAT way to help stay unbloated from water weight, and to curb appetite from thirst as opposed to actual hunger.

4 - Full fat dressings are FINE on salads, so long as you measure them exactly (I prefer to use a food scale as opposed to volume measurements, as those can be less exact) and track them in your allotted calories for the day. Fat didn't make you fat (if you are), either. Eating more overall than you consume did.

5 - Weight loss pills prescribed by an actual medical doctor can be effective in the short term. They won't teach you healthy habits, or how to feed yourself properly for your current or a lower weight, however, so they won't help you KEEP any weight you may lose, off permanently, resulting in the cycle of loss/gain that most people find themselves mired in forever. Make the changes, do it slow, do it right, and you'll succeed.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Well to be fair, everyone was just going off of what you said. There was nothing to "figure out".

To be fair, your are right - there was nothing to figure out. It was really pretty simple. Hope I have cleared it up for you.

Yes, now that you have completely changed what you said, you have cleared it up. Thanks
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options

Yes, now that you have completely changed what you said, you have cleared it up. Thanks

LOL. I thought it was clear that I was discussing fatty salad dressings that "ruin" a day (in my mind it does negate the meal - no matter WHAT is is, if you are throwing 400 calories of fat and a crap-ton of sodium on it) for someone trying to count calories and lose weight. Really, I don't see the mystery.

http://www.modernman.com/5-ingredients-that-ruin-a-healthy-salad/

http://www.kaylaitsines.com/blogs/news/79818502-6-ways-you-are-ruining-your-salads

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-daily-meal/the-healthiest-and-unheal_b_3517759.html