Ugh, heading to 4 day family reunion. Uh oh

Options
2»

Replies

• allyalexandria
    allyalexandria Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't sell ideal protein. I don't recommend it. My friend
    And I just started it together two weeks ago. It is junk food with a lot of protein in it. I usually don't eat that junk food even if it is high in protein,so I have cheated by eating blueberries, etc. It's basically high protein, low carb. Those high protein and low carb diets are suppose to put you in ketosis.
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    d2ae32lqflhf.jpeg
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    marm1962 wrote: »
    I personally would just go and have a good time

I agree. At Christmas etc I just go kerazy because I've busted my *kitten* the rest of the year.

Edit: The RSPCA are going to hunt me down, I swear.

Ah, so this is yours?

jo28ia1qdvbx.jpg
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    So yeah, I have to be careful. I have been eating a lot of bison sausages and chicken breast, salad. But for me, I have a problem with portion control. I never feel full and late at night I eat to stay awake
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    I should do what you said and join in some activity. I don't move enough. Yesterday 6000 steps, no exercise. I know weight loss is slow2lbs a week for me usually, so I don't want to gain 5 lbs this weekend. You know for me the ideal protein diet is more about making the commitment
    To my friend and paying the money 390.00. If you get together with a friend and make a serious commitment, I am sure it's the same results. Don't buy ideal protein and waste your money. Just find an accountability partner❤️. I am enjoying myself., it is my husbands family reunion. Thanks . I do worry that I will be deeply depressed if I gain 5lbs,so I should take care of myself. Eat healthy, limit ooze
    At least this year, I won't be the pass out loud drunk. Good role model, I am. Yay
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I should do what you said and join in some activity. I don't move enough. Yesterday 6000 steps, no exercise. I know weight loss is slow2lbs a week for me usually, so I don't want to gain 5 lbs this weekend. You know for me the ideal protein diet is more about making the commitment
    To my friend and paying the money 390.00. If you get together with a friend and make a serious commitment, I am sure it's the same results. Don't buy ideal protein and waste your money. Just find an accountability partner❤️. I am enjoying myself., it is my husbands family reunion. Thanks . I do worry that I will be deeply depressed if I gain 5lbs,so I should take care of myself. Eat healthy, limit ooze
    At least this year, I won't be the pass out loud drunk. Good role model, I am. Yay

You think losing 2lbs a week a slow?
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    9kg8inuf2e5x.jpeg
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    Checkout my daughter in the back seat. Haha
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    Tonight I am going to do the bathroom thing at desert. Brilliant
  • allyalexandria
    Options
    Dessert . HAhA. Spelling . Oops
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I don't sell ideal protein. I don't recommend it. My friend
    And I just started it together two weeks ago. It is junk food with a lot of protein in it. I usually don't eat that junk food even if it is high in protein,so I have cheated by eating blueberries, etc. It's basically high protein, low carb. Those high protein and low carb diets are suppose to put you in ketosis.

low carb and high fat puts you into ketosis,not high protein. and you have to net(most people) less than 50g a day to enter ketosis.some people can enter it at a higher number and some have to go lower.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

What bathroom thing at dessert? I hope I am reading this wrong and that you are not saying what I'm thinking.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »

What bathroom thing at dessert? I hope I am reading this wrong and that you are not saying what I'm thinking.

I don't think she means what you think she means. :)

From earlier in the thread:
    When I go to such events, the worst offenders are chips/salsa and then dessert.

I try to limit both.

Sometimes I disappear to the bathroom and play 2048 or temple run. I wish pokemon go works when you are taking a dump or just sitting on the toilet seat (hoping the other revellers finish up the chips)

And when it comes to burgers, I eat one and stuff myself with grilled chicken. No pasta salads or potato salads. Just a lot of grilled chicken and bathroom and no chips/dessert.

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    4 Day Family Reunion? Seriously. I would end up bat *kitten* crazy by midday of day 2 .....
  • samtheseahippie
    samtheseahippie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just go and try to relax on it. Most of these things will have some healthy options, but depriving yourself and feeling forced will not benefit you. It's okay to treat yourself here and there- diets are about a healthy happy lifestyle. Not constant scales and calories! It's okay to count for the most part and stay aware, but if this one weekend you want a hot dog, do it. Cravings left unfulfilled kill our will to diet.
    Drink a lot of water- it will prevent you from excess snacking, which should help. And if food is left out, don't take your whole meal at once- take little bits dispersed through time. Enjoy yourself!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »

I don't think she means what you think she means. :)

From earlier in the thread:
    When I go to such events, the worst offenders are chips/salsa and then dessert.

I try to limit both.

Sometimes I disappear to the bathroom and play 2048 or temple run. I wish pokemon go works when you are taking a dump or just sitting on the toilet seat (hoping the other revellers finish up the chips)

And when it comes to burgers, I eat one and stuff myself with grilled chicken. No pasta salads or potato salads. Just a lot of grilled chicken and bathroom and no chips/dessert.

Thank you for clarifying