Oatmeat or eggs?

Options

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Are those the only two options? Why? Today I'll be having Wasa crispbread with [strange nordic spreads you wouldn't understand nor want], milk, pineapple and orange cauliflower.

What on earth is pineapple and orange cauliflower?

I don't believe that you don't know what pineapple is, but orange cauliflower looks like
    cauliflower_orange.jpg

I thought it was all one meal, "Pineapple and orange cauliflower"
    Lol, I know, I just like to be difficult :D

Wow, I've not seen those before, we get purple broccoli and purple carrots in the UK but I've never seen orange cauliflower. Sounds like a great way to get beta carotene.

It's really delicious, I was in the mood for cauliflower when I came across these (they (a somewhat upmarket but ordinary grocery store/chain) had all the colors, yellow/orange, purple and green), and multicolored carrots, and purple kohlrabi. I think it's very healthy, but the taste doesn't correspond with he color, I am sort of expecting "cheddar" or chanterelle.
  • caradack1985
    caradack1985 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts. Although I only eat breakfast once a week so I'm totally having smores pop tarts! Today I had a burger sliced in half with plastic cheese in the middle. Don't know why, the burger has been calling to me for days.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is outlawed in my home except in the form of oatmeal raisin cookies... No one including my self like oatmeal, so eggs all the way. :)
  • navybrat822
    navybrat822 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Frozen steel cut oatmeal from Trader Joe's is my go-to breakfast every single morning. I sprinkle a little brown sugar and chia seeds on top to give it a little extra crunch.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. Eggs gives me horrifying gas and cramps and aren't even that healthy anyway. But I prefer a bagel with almond butter or vegan yogurt and granola

Oatmeal and eggs are my two favorite non-summer breakfasts, although I have eggs much more often. For me, the eggs are easier to include as part of a quick and healthful breakfast, as they have more protein than the oatmeal and are an easy venue for vegetables (I typically have a vegetable omelet). When I have oatmeal I'll add berries and sometimes protein powder and then have to also have some veggies on the side. Both are good, though, and sometimes I'm just in the right mood for oatmeal!

For summer I've been preferring cold breakfasts and especially more fruit so not eating either.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Eggs for protein. Oatmeal...never. Yuck. @littlechiaseed why aren't eggs healthy?

Maybe eggs were designed for baby raccoons, not humans.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Eggs for protein. Oatmeal...never. Yuck. @littlechiaseed why aren't eggs healthy?

Maybe eggs were designed for baby raccoons, not humans.

I think eggs were designed for baby chickens.

Oh wait......
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Depends on the day. Lol most times eggs because they are quicker to make and high in protein.
  • Rabbitsocksgardener
    Rabbitsocksgardener Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I go on a good rotation of both! Eggs when I want to eat other stuff with it (cooked Kale etc.), and when I want something more filling out go for oatmeal. I jazz it up with trail mix (which has chocolate in it mmmm) and almond butter! Oatmeal is a bit more decadent as far as breakfast goes, and eggs are a versatile classic! Why choose between em? :)
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have both every morning, oatmeal with a cup of berries, with a hard boiled egg on the side.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Love both.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'd like OatMeat but oatmeal is great, and eggs a favorite. Eggs win for me, just because I feel like they have more nutrition per calorie, and I tend to get hungry faster with oatmeal.

Instant oatmeal is horrifying, much closer to glue than food, but 5 minute oats are nice, as is the steel cut stuff. Like this either warm with cinnamon/nuts/dried cherries, or cold with yogurt and dry fruits and nuts.

Eggs and home fries, or eggs and toast, or eggs and toast and avocado, or omelette with vegetables.

Have even done stuff with eggs and oatmeal both, breakfast bread or muffins or pancakes.
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Either one. But the oatmeal has to be steel-cut or regular rolled oats--I'm not keen on instant oatmeal, and the packets you just add water to leave me hungry in an hour.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I usually have two eggs and four egg whites along with either oatmeal or pinto beans and hatch red chile...so my answer would be:

9354002.jpg
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Well, I hate oatmeal so definitely eggs for me.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal on weekdays with some diced fruit (usually apple) and milk.

On weekends I loved a poached egg on top of some avocado toast with sriracha or some chanterelle toast. My nerves can't handle poaching eggs on a weekday.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal smells SOOOOOOOOO good. I would love to love it. I can't get past the texture.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    In particular order:

Eggs
    Grits
    Oatmeal
  • purple18194
    purple18194 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Both together! My staple breakfast is oatmeal with berries and a teaspoon of honey, then an egg + 3 egg whites. Protein and carbs :D
  • 24_wantingmore
    24_wantingmore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with scrambled egg whites mixed in!