Tricks to Succeed?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dayle1984
    Dayle1984 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the replies, but I agree that you need a food scale, and also I think if you're hungry 30mins after eating, more protein, fiber, fats.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    You need a nice variety in order to succeed, if you keep eating the same foods all the time you'll get sick of them. There are hundreds of healthy nutrient dense recipes that are around 400 calories per serving and have a balanced portion of carbs, protein and healthy fats.

I usually try 1-2 new recipes each week just to stir things up and keep interest. Latest additions were a coconut pineapple chicken dish and a curried chickpea salad, both of them yummy and healthy. Try to find recipes with ingredients you enjoy! :smile:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You definitely need a food scale, or how do you know how much you are eating? You may be undereating because you are scared, or you may be avoiding some things you could eat because you read calories per 100g and don't know if that is a sensible serving or not. Make sure your meals are balanced with protein, fat and carbs and you shouldn't be hungry. If you're just having undressed green salad you will get hungry. You also need red meats/leafy dark greens for iron, and you definitely need to eat back at least some exercise calories - if you don't you will definitely be hungry!