banana split yes or no????

Options
how13
how13 Posts: 45 Member
Greetings

I have been on mfp since may 21,2011... I have been eating alot more food than I ever have eaten..I do my best to stay close to the

Number of cals. I have lost 17lbs in 7 weeks. Then I started wanting some sweet foods.

At 1st I was over, then I just plan in foods, that I really want(sweet or not ) , and its like the light went on in my head. This

has worked for me . I have planned cheesecake,and yes the banana split into daily food tracker and still within my cals. I hope

this will help others. any comments??

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It's really your choice. I don't see anything wrong with eating something in moderation. You know your limits. I wouldn't make it a habit though.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I agree, everything is fine in moderation, it's just practicing restrain sometimes that I have trouble with.

If I were to cut ALL bad foods out of my diet completely, and tell myself I wasn't allowed to have them, I would do okay for a few weeks, and then have a massive binge of everything. If I have something that i love - like ice cream, or chips - every once in a while - once a week maybe - I have waaaayy better success in the long run.

You just have to make sure that when you do treat yourself, you still keep with your diet and exercise plans in the following days, don't eat like you used to and then sit on the couch for a week and then wonder why you haven't lost anything... I have done this before...
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    People vary in their opinions on the "everything in moderation" theory.
    For me, it has worked very well. I have sweet treats (cake, cookies, wine) every few days and have lost 40 pounds so far.
    I know that if I decided to never eat this stuff again then I would fall right off the wagon and start eating junk all the time.

So, you have to decide for yourself if it is right for you. I don't see a problem with it as long as you account for it in your calories.

And maybe think about the quality of what you are eating - I don't see too much wrong with a banana split if it is made with:
    banana, icecream (choose a lighter version if you like them), nuts and little bit (not too much) of chocolate syrup. Perhaps leave off the cream and any extras and you actually have a pretty reasonable (occasional )snack which includes nuts, fruit and dairy.
  • inn0c3ntbbygrlx3
    Options
    everything is fine in moderation, you cant completely cut all the bad stuff out, i still eat what i want, but i eat in moderation and i still lose weight, its all in the calories...so if you plan ahead for it and it still allows you to eat other stuff then i say go for it!!! :) and if you need to then you exercise it off!
  • how13
    how13 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hi

Thanks for the input