I have endometriosis and I want to lose Weight

Options
I have been told I have endometriosis I struggle with severe pains in my abdomen area and I gets worse when I'm on my period I get period every two weeks and I've been following this app doing the diet which is working so far but I've been doing a lots of research and people with endometriosis should give up gluten I'm not sure if I should and how hard it would be? Does anybody else using this app have endometriosis can anybody help me to decide what's right thing to do is??

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard the connection of gluten and endo. Im pretty gluten free as im mostly paleo (apart from occssional non paleo treats). Its mostly gluten free because it doesnt include grains.

If you want to try lowering gluten id go down the route of replacing grains with veg in meals rather than paying out for gluten free versions of bread, pasta etc.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    There is no connection between gluten and endometriosis that I am aware of. If you're having your period that often, depending on how much you're bleeding, I'd be concerned about iron deficiency anemia, so iron rich foods would be good - but that's not really directly connected to losing weight, just preventing feeling tired or weak which could indirectly affect weight loss.

Are you taking anything to help the symptoms (ex. birth control)?
  • MeekLane
    MeekLane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do. I just started my fitness journey, again, though. I've had endo surgey, that didn't really help. Taking the pill seems to help, but added weight. Currently, the doctor has me on a low carb diet. So, gluten kind of ruled itself out, by default. So far, I don't see any real difference. I have noticed in the past that I would be fine, as long as I didn't eat excessive amounts of bread. But, if I ate sandwiches for lunch plus toast with breakfast, the excema on my lower back would return. So, I do believe excessive gluten adds to inflammation.
  • lisa_roberts
    lisa_roberts Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    There is no connection between gluten and endometriosis that I am aware of. If you're having your period that often, depending on how much you're bleeding, I'd be concerned about iron deficiency anemia, so iron rich foods would be good - but that's not really directly connected to losing weight, just preventing feeling tired or weak which could indirectly affect weight loss.

Are you taking anything to help the symptoms (ex. birth control)?

I'm not on birth control because I suffer with migraines. I am currently going got a appointment for the gynaecologist.
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I have endo and lost 30lbs by eating 1200-1300 calories a day. It is very possible.
  • lisa_roberts
    Options
    jrulo16 wrote: »
    I have endo and lost 30lbs by eating 1200-1300 calories a day. It is very possible.

Believe it's possible I just wanted to know if cutting out gluten would help? I've already lost two stone by just reducing the amount of calories I eat 1200 a day.
  • fuzzydogpa
    fuzzydogpa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Research the enzymes serrapeptase. It eats dead proteins and scar tissue in the body and has helped many people to get ride of their endo problems and clear up blocked tubes too. Often it is taken in combination with other enzymes such as Nattokinase and Wobenzym. It just might help you. Of course losing weight will also lower your insulin resistance which contributes to getting endo in the first place. I've been taking the three supplements for about a week now. It should be taken on an empty stomach. I take mine right before bed because I stop all food intake several hours before bedtime.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if gluten affects it. I have endo along with hashimotos and a wheat allergy so I am gluten free for other reasons. The only thing I know helped my end was the IUD
  • lisa_roberts
    Options
    fuzzydogpa wrote: »
    Research the enzymes serrapeptase. It eats dead proteins and scar tissue in the body and has helped many people to get ride of their endo problems and clear up blocked tubes too. Often it is taken in combination with other enzymes such as Nattokinase and Wobenzym. It just might help you. Of course losing weight will also lower your insulin resistance which contributes to getting endo in the first place. I've been taking the three supplements for about a week now. It should be taken on an empty stomach. I take mine right before bed because I stop all food intake several hours before bedtime.

Where can I get the supplements from?? Xx