My glute genetics are PATHETIC...slow progress despite lifting very heavy

Options
13»

Replies

• andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Coming back to advise doing the banded stuff twice:

- once at the beginning of the workout to activate your glutes and remind your brain where they are
    - At the end to burn out to create a lot of metabolic damage as simulation for muscle growth.

Brett explains this in his book. My PT did this with me because my glutes were really weak after pregnancy to the point where I couldn't activate them in plank position. Some acivation work before squats and lunges and deads really helps.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Genetics DO play a big part but at the most you can make them perky by pushing heavy and trying to do a clean bulk.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    KDar1988 wrote: »
    serapel wrote: »
    My expectations were unrealistic I believe. I just hate my flat *kitten*. :smiley:

I belong to the flat *kitten* club. No nice round booty here! LOL If you were stand me and my mother side by side nobody could tell whose *kitten* was whose. Thanks/no thanks mom!! I know I've built up the glutes some, but I still see a spongebob rear in the mirror. Keep at it, maybe it'll change over time!!

@S. LOVE IT
  • serapel
    Options
    andylllI wrote: »
    One of the things Brett talks a lot about on his site and his social media accounts (particularly Instagram where he posts a ton of cool exercises) is the need to develop your upper glute muscles in order to get that round shape. He recommends a lot of banded exercises for this, lots of abductions, frog pumps, monster walks, etc. I don't see any of these in your program. Maybe have another look at his stuff and see how you can include some of these movements. They can seem like they are less important than the big squat lunge step up deadlift type stuff but they give good results.

Thanks!!! Will look at this!!! I have no upper glutes.
  • serapel
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Found this workout for upper glutes. Good? Has all the exercises that were mentioned.

https://youtu.be/FPmpWELc2dY