Options
    whole food-based multi-vitamin
    calcium
    fish oil
    probiotic
    magnesium
    vitamin C
    milk thistle

I am treating several chronic medical conditions.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin designed specifically for women to make sure I get a good amount of all the vitamins and minerals needed while I am in caloric deficit and some days (the days when my food diary has carb loaded foods) I supplement with whey protein to reach my protein goals.
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I take 2- multivitamin per day now, But I used to have to take
    Pre natal
    Probiotic
    Milk Thistle
    Vit c
    Vit D
    B12
    Vit E
    Fish Oil
    Melatonin to sleep
    Multi Vitamin

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Zinc - I have an autoimmune disease and it helps the immune system work more efficiently.
    Magnesium - which helps the body absorb zinc.
    B complex - again with the autoimmune disease
    BCAAs intraworkout because I can't use creatine and it helps my energy level. (your mileage may vary)
    Protein shakes post workout to help build back the muscle I broke down lifting heavy.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Morning - multi, fish oil, glucosamine/condroitin/msm
    Pre-workout - creatine, caffeine, taurine, citrulline, beta alanine
    Intra-workout - BCAAs (only when lifting and cardio in the same session)
    Post-workout - Creatine, glutamine, leucine
  • beatyfamily1
    beatyfamily1 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Potassium because it helps flush out sodium (I had a problem with holding on to water weight) and magnesium because potassium can't get through the cell membrane without magnesium.
  • iluvnufoods
    iluvnufoods Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just an iron supplement to help with my low iron anemia.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    multi, creatine, BCAA stack, fish oil
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    probiotic, multi, creatine, whey and pre-workout
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    ma2007pmc wrote: »
    Cinnamon and green tea speeds up the motabalism. Biotin for my hair. Vitamin D for my fibromyalgia, and riboflavin for my headaches.

just wanted to say, very few things (if anything) make any measurable difference in the speed of your metabolism. your size and genetics are the key factors. heavier people, believe it or not burn more calories than to thinner people.
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Just 2000 mg vitamin D, but I'm thinking I should start washing it down with cityruss's health elixir, gin!
  • sflisher
    sflisher Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Currently, Krill Oil, C, D, B12 + Folate, Magnesium, Selenium, Iodine, Copper. Not getting enough Iron, Calcium and Potassium in my diet yet so I may need to supplement those also. Its tough to have a diet that contains everything. I wouldn't multi-vitamin as I have read it is likely that lower quality nutrients are used.

I will review this lot after a month or so...
  • amybluefish
    amybluefish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Only Costcos EcoDrink (multivitamin)
  • Ploofs
    Ploofs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin... in gummy form!
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    whey
    zma
    multi
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Multi-vit, vit d and fish oil...
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Multi, fish oil, protein powder as necessary.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I take 2 multi-vitamins, 10k IU VitD, psyllium (fiber supplement), papaya/pineapple enzymes and creatine daily.

I'm on a high protein/carb and low fat diet (40/40/20) and can get the runs and gas because of it. Get a lot of my protein from soy/whey powder & drinks. The fiber addresses the runs and the enzymes help digest the protein to reduce the gas.

Just started taking the creatine to see if it makes any difference in recovery/workouts and/or muscle growth. Going to try it for 3 months and then reassess the need for it.

Take the multi-vitamins to balance out my nutrients on MFP and take the VitD because I have been diagnosed as VitD deficient. Have been taking the VitD supplement for years which has brought my VitD reading up to the recommended level.