6 weeks postpartum and trying to lose rest of baby weight...

Options
anyone else in the same boat as me??

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Please rest your body. YOU JUST GAVE BIRTH! Whatever feeding style you choose can influence the weight you lose, but don't go hardcore about weightloss, there are more important things than a number on a scale.
  • kristinarose370
    kristinarose370 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input :) . I agree that I need to let my body rest. I am not trying to start a crazy diet just trying to get back to a healthy weight.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    Thanks for the input :) . I agree that I need to let my body rest. I am not trying to start a crazy diet just trying to get back to a healthy weight.

Honestly I wasn't up for anything until after 12 weeks. Do you have a jogging stroller?
  • kristinarose370
    Options
    No just a regular stroller for now. I had a c section so I haven't done much . I will probably start going for walks once I go to my postpartum visit and get the okay.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    No just a regular stroller for now. I had a c section so I haven't done much . I will probably start going for walks once I go to my postpartum visit and get the okay.

Oooh, C-section and stitches. A jogging stroller will be good even for walking especially if you're a naturally fast walker. :)
  • kristinarose370
    Options
    Yes that is true!! Any suggestions on a good jogging stroller?
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    I have Graco, most of them can easily fit an infant carrier and some come with their own. Prices range from $170- $300 + depending on brand. Look for all-terrain if you live in a developing area (my own neighborhood was county and now transitioning to city, so lots of places don't have sidewalks)
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Take nice walks. Don't have an extra pud for baby. (Burn any what to expect when... books)

Just concentrate on getting your normal wiggle back and being healthy, rather than anything even remotely stressful
  • rosiesshire
    rosiesshire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you nursing? Getting back into a low impact cardio as soon as everything healed and nursing always helped me drop off the baby weight, and I had 8 kiddos. I collectively lost about 350 lbs over the course of childbearing years, mostly working out to Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies videos, LOL
  • kristinarose370
    Options
    Yes I am nursing! I nursed my first baby also. I was losing weight up to last week ( 5 weeks pp) with no effort other then nursing. Now it seems I haven't lost inches or pounds in the last week and a half . I feel like the weight fell off faster with my first and all I did was breastfeed to lose the weight.
  • Mamatano
    Mamatano Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Walking helps. Take long walks 3-4 times a week for 30 to 60 minutes. It takes time though to lose weight after baby...but it does eventually get off. As you become stronger add in some more challenging routines, such as weight lifting and cycling. Listen to your body.