Is three pieces of sugar-free gum too much?

Options
They are only 5 calories each, but I know too much of anything can be bad for you. Is 3 sticks a little too excessive or should I limit myself to 1-2?

Replies

• Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't think it matters as long as you track it. Sugar free gum helps me not to snack all day, so I chew at least 3 pieces per day. Better 5 calories from gum than 300 calories of sugar and carbs from the donuts in the breakroom. Do what works for you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Being on a diet does not mean you have to live like an ascetic. Enjoy your gum, it is a tiny tiny TINY thing that brings you pleasure.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    oh my lord yes
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    trolling a bit hard aren't we? Perhaps ease up, make it a bit more believable.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Just don't have so much that the sugar alcohols get to you. Did that once... *shudder*
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    3 pieces of sugar free gum would have me running to the loo. "Excess consumption" in my case, means more than one a day.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Being on a diet does not mean you have to live like an ascetic. Enjoy your gum, it is a tiny tiny TINY thing that brings you pleasure.

Wow, someone who knows the word ascetic and can use it correctly in a sentence! :smiley:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I think based on this thread and your previous thread, you really need some professional counseling.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10450588/it-says-im-not-eating-enough
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Is this a real question???
  • Chilli7777
    Chilli7777 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Probably not good for your insides.