Tips for staying on track and curbing cravings?

Options
Hello everyone! I'm 28 years old and my goal is to lose about 25-30 lbs. I have done many diets in the past with little/temporary success. I have found that what works best for me is counting calories since it allows me to eat the foods I want (in moderation of course). My only issue is that I will stay on track for a few weeks and then a cheat day turns into a cheat week... Month, etc. How can I stay committed? Any tips? Also, every now and then I crave something sweet. What are healthy alternatives?

Replies

• mimsy715
    mimsy715 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't really eat junk/fast food. Not a fan of overly-processed foods.
  • ichimatsun
    ichimatsun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Drinking water will help you feel full, meaning you wont want to eat.
  • Talatraja
    Talatraja Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! It happens to almost everyone who starts eating clean.its kind of natural;)..the key is to never give up on what you've started..dont let one or two days of bad eatig ruin all the effort you'd made..

I was also like you and what I did was i cheated once per week in the begining...and i eat like crazy on that cheat meals but i kept all the other meals clean.... once you get used to it then with the passage of time your cravings will go away...just keep in mind that you dont wanna be fit for an occasion or few days, you want to make it your life style....so keep pushing and be motivated towards it all the time

Good luck