Not logging Drinks???

Options
So I checked a lot of food diaries and it seems that either 1. Everyone just drinks water ALL day or 2. No one logs what other drinks they have!?! I'm confused they are a part of your diet so why do people keep them out or is that normal?? ( They STEAL my junk food calories!)

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I'm having a break from logging at the moment, but when I do log, I don't log coffee or herbal tea as the cals are negligible. If I drink a latte, juice, wine, beer, milkshake, smoothies etc, then I log them.
    Mostly I drink black coffee and water day to day, I've never been in the habit of soft drinks or juice as a regular thing.

So if you are having drinks that have calories - log them. Don't worry about what other people do or don't do, you are only accountable for yourself.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    On most days I only drink coffee, plain tea or water. I only log the coffee or tea if I put anything in it. I prefer water with meals.
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I only log drinks with calories. I am sure there are plenty of people out there who have zero calorie drinks that they don't take the time to log.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    So I checked a lot of food diaries and it seems that either 1. Everyone just drinks water ALL day or 2. No one logs what other drinks they have!?! I'm confused they are a part of your diet so why do people keep them out or is that normal?? ( They STEAL my junk food calories!)

I log everything that goes in through my mouth. It's the only way to have an accurate record.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't log zero calorie drinks. About the only drink I regularly log is milk, because most of the time it's water or diet soda.
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I pretty much drink coffee, hot tea, and water. I only log the coffee; I do add a minimal amount (2 tsp) of nondairy creamer and sugar free flavored syrup. I don't add anything to my tea. When I splurge on a sugar free Rockstar, I do log that, because of the carbs.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I don't log 0 calories drinks, so my tea, water, and sparkling waters do not get logged. Now, those are the only things I regularly log. Now when I had a strawberry lemonade on Saturday during a dinner date with friends, I logged it. But what's the point of logging something that has 0 calories? Plus, I track my liquid intake on through my fitbit account not MFP.
  • manto2112
    manto2112 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink coffee, milk, water and zero calories drinks; so I just log coffee and milk.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I log the milk i add to me tea all day under breakfast. All i drink is tea and water, I don't bother logging water, i do log coffee because of the potassium.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I only drink black coffee, beer, wine and water. I log it all. Not a pop drinker.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I pretty much only drink black coffee, diet soda, plain tea and water. If I drank anything with calories, it would be in my diary. It's cool if you manage to work drinks with calories into your goal, but don't expect everyone to. Hell, sugared soda was the first thing I ditched when I started tracking.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,203 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    99% of my liquids are Mio enhanced water (zero calories) and diet sodas. I don't bother logging zero calorie liquids.

If it's a liquid with calories, it is logged.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i log my coffee and any other caloric drinks like juice or whatever I may drink. I sometimes log water but not every day. I do, however drink min 2L water per day during the week - I have one of those massive 2.2L jugs on my desk at work and I drink it all plus a glass or two at home.

On the weekend though my water intake generally sucks.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I go days without drinking anything with calories. If I do, I log it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I log everything with calories. I drink kefir (drinkable yogurt). I only drink water and spearmint tea. Once in a while I drink a kombucha juice and I do log that (it's pretty low in calories according to the label).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I only drink water and diet soda, so there's no need to log them
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I only log drinks with calories. I pretty much drink water, diet soda or coffee. I add coffee if I use cream but otherwise I don't.
  • Kib13
    Kib13 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I log my lattes and a super low calorie sparkling water I enjoy on occasion. Other than that, I drink a lot of water.