Hello from Beautiful Colorado!

Options
Hi All,

I joined last week and I'm loving this new venture!
I'm a home-schooling mom of 4 wonderful children. Formerly from England, I've been here just over 10 years.
My goal is to get back down to my pre-baby weight! I lost 10 lbs before I joined and I have about another 25 lbs to go.
I love to cook and I'm always trying new dishes, particularly Indian food - yum!
My first weigh-in is on Sunday! Excited but a little nervous! I've opted for the slow and steady pace of losing 1lb a week.
Once I complete my goal, I intend on using MFP to maintain it.
Have a great day! :smile:

Replies

• CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am in Colorado also!
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You will find lots of great support and advice here!
    Slow and steady pace and you will get to your goal!
    Good Luck!
  • novaroo
    novaroo Posts: 17
    Options
    HI, welcome :) We just spent 10 days in Colorado, so beautiful, i loved it there! Anyway, good luck on your weight loss quest and feel free to add me, i am new too(joined few months ago but just made myself actually use this)
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi,
    welcome and good luck...you would get along with my daughter just fine she and her fiance` love
    Indian and Thai food!

Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
  • launchmynewlife
    Options
    Hi Trulyfree! Love that name! I am new too and just recommitting myself to losing another 40 lbs. I started with a 3 day water fast which was easier than any diet I was ever on.: I'm in Fla. A married Mom of one son, almost 12 and also a mosaic artist. I hope today is going good for you! :smile:
  • best4less
    best4less Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am from Ohio. I have 2 adult children of my own and am guardians of 4 other children. I recently looked at pictures of myself and thought oh no where has the real me gone. Today is the first day of my journey. So far so good. I am a little confused but will get it. One questions is do I weigh the meat before or after it is cooked. I am so thankful I was told about this site. Now I need to get some exercise in. Good luck to all:flowerforyou:
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm in Colorado too!! (and I was born in England-dad's British)
    This is a great site with lots of support-welcome again :)