Breathing in?

Options
Yo!
I used to be a skinny child around 7 and I had abs! When I moved in with my dad I gained weight...dramatically. Ever since I've been 9-10 I remember breathing in and without thinking about it, I'm doing it now. I do it in my own house, outside and even when doing exercise. I showed my friends how 'amazing' I am at it and they were amazed how I could do that all day whilst still acting well normal :laugh:

I've tried breathing out, stopping it but I just do it. If I stop thinking about breathing out, I breath in.

I wouldn't usually say this was a problem but when your looking at yourself in the mirror and you have lost weight, in my mind I was fine before because how I breathed in but I know I wasn't.

Hehe, wonder what is it like to have nothing to breath in but does anyone do this? Literally all the time until you sleep? Does it damage my health?

IF ANYONE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND I MEANT BREATHING IN YOUR TUMMY! ;D

Replies

• Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I really have no idea what you're talking about...?
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post.
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    I don't quite understand what you are talking about...
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Me neither.
    Yes, breathing is TOTALLY normal. Don't worry. ;3
  • GoGoSuku
    GoGoSuku Posts: 63
    Options
    Does anyone breath in all day?
    Is it unhealthy to breath in? that's it really XD
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    like sucking in your belly? i do it too. all the time.
  • DebinAZ
    DebinAZ Posts: 30
    Options
    "breathing in and without thinking about it".

I do this all day long, every day.
  • GoGoSuku
    Options
    XD OH like suck in your tummy!
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Do you mean that you're holding your breath?

Kris
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OHHH XD Oh my gosh. I thought you were just messing around(x
    I used to suck in all the time, constantly. It became like.. second nature to do it.
    I don't anymore because my belly's flat but I did it because I was self concious, you'll probably stop when you get a fit and firm(:
    but it's pretty normal, I know tons of people who do it, haha.
  • GoGoSuku
    Options
    Oh good! I thought it wasn't normal to do it all the time xD Makes you look like you have a big chest as well :laugh:
  • MsNiss
    MsNiss Posts: 57
    Options
    OOOH Sucking in your tummy! Ya I do that quite often. I hope that soon I won't need to anymore, if I can get my tummy toned so it's flat all the time.
  • rubyrenga
    rubyrenga Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wait, I think you mean "sucking it in"? I try, but sometimes I catch myself unaware in a mirror, and I'm letting it all hang out. Lol. But actually, it is beneficial, bc you are keeping your abs engaged. In this really old book I have about getting a flat tummy, it says to tie a string around your waist, so that if you stop sucking it in, the string will get tight to remind you...hey, every bit helps, right?
  • GoGoSuku
    Options
    Oh wow, must have super abs then xD
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thatw as the strangest original post I've ever seen. I had to read it a few times even after you explained that you were talking about sucking in your stomach. I thought maybe somebody was hitting the bong a little early today.
  • GoGoSuku
    Options
    LOL, sorry. It does sound a little crazy anyway but I'm a big weirdo normally o.o
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Absolutely do this ALL the TIME... wouldn't even consider not breathing in.. Its all about posture! I see people in the street with their bellies and think why are you not sucking it in..

Its makes a massive difference, i cannot wait until i longer want to do it!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Thatw as the strangest original post I've ever seen. I had to read it a few times even after you explained that you were talking about sucking in your stomach. I thought maybe somebody was hitting the bong a little early today.

I think it must be an expression that's not commonly used in the US, just as "sucking it in" apparently isn't a universal expression.

But yes, I think it's pretty normal to try to hold your stomach in somewhat. And no, I don't think it's bad for you at all! Protects your lower back!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this made me 'lol' and 'rofl' (almost literally)...for realy =D.

No, sucking in your stomach is normal. If you do a search for 'stomach vacuum's' it's actually a very healthy form of exercise.