adding recipes help!

Options
jojo_hall
jojo_hall Posts: 10 Member
Please can someone help a noob thats trying to get organised.
want to add a smoothie to my recipes, but i have no idea how to add a tbsp of almond butter, it comes up with ounces or 100g. how do i add 2 tbsp?

thanks so much :D

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Find an entry that has the portions you want. Or you can (and should, really) weigh the ingredients.
  • Trailtramper74
    Trailtramper74 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There are several almond butter entries measured in tbsp. Just look some more.
  • jojo_hall
    jojo_hall Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im finding things easier via the app, i was trying on the website.
    can u add info about a recipe or just the ingredients?
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1 tbls = .5oz. So 1 oz would equal 2 tbls. Used google to figure out the exchange rate.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    jojo_hall wrote: »
    im finding things easier via the app, i was trying on the website.
    can u add info about a recipe or just the ingredients?

Only the ingredients ... the purpose of the recipe builder to provide the macro/nutrient content.

For something like a somoothie, I usually enter each item for the 'meal' or 'snack' it is replacing and then save the meal. That's faster for me because I often change up one or two of the ingredients and can find it in 'my meals' after I save it ... you name the meal when you save it.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,022 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    1 tbls = .5oz. So 1 oz would equal 2 tbls. Used google to figure out the exchange rate.

1 fluid ounce =2 Tbsp.

A regular ounce is a measurement of weight. A tablespoon is a measurement of volume. You can't convert weight measurements to volume measurements unless you know the specific gravity (density) of the thing that you are measuring.

OP, look at the nutrition label on your jar of almond butter. Under serving size it probably says something like 2 Tbsp (30 g). Now you know how many grams are in your 2 tablespoons, if you insist on measuring by volume (it really would be better to measure by weight), and you can do the conversion to use an entry that lists the serving size in grams. (e.g., if the serving size is 100 grams, your 2 tablespoons are theoretically 30 grams, or .3 of a serving).

And, as Nixion901 said, you can generally only include the ingredients, although theoretically if you click that you want to submit the recipe to the database for other users, you would be able to add other info about the recipe. However, since the recipe database doesn't seem to be live yet, there doesn't appear to be anyway to access that other info after you enter it, so I can't advise you to waste your time.

ETA quote from post I was responding to
  • adamyovanovich
    adamyovanovich Posts: 163 Member
    Options

1 fluid ounce =2 Tbsp.

A regular ounce is a measurement of weight. A tablespoon is a measurement of volume. You can't convert weight measurements to volume measurements unless you know the specific gravity (density) of the thing that you are measuring.

OP, look at the nutrition label on your jar of almond butter. Under serving size it probably says something like 2 Tbsp (30 g). Now you know how many grams are in your 2 tablespoons, if you insist on measuring by volume (it really would be better to measure by weight), and you can do the conversion to use an entry that lists the serving size in grams. (e.g., if the serving size is 100 grams, your 2 tablespoons are theoretically 30 grams, or .3 of a serving).

And, as Nixion901 said, you can generally only include the ingredients, although theoretically if you click that you want to submit the recipe to the database for other users, you would be able to add other info about the recipe. However, since the recipe database doesn't seem to be live yet, there doesn't appear to be anyway to access that other info after you enter it, so I can't advise you to waste your time.

ETA quote from post I was responding to

Thanks for the insight.