Question

Options
How can I loose 6lbs fast

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Most people don't lose weight as fast as they want to, especially when you only have a small amount to lose.

My best advice is to set yourself up with a moderate calorie deficit (0.5 to 1 pound a week), eat a wide variety of healthy foods, do a bit of exercise and then keep on going until you lose the weight. It almost certainly will take longer than you want it to, but that's just life.

I don't advise that you starve yourself, exercise excessively or buy pills and potions that advertise miracle weight loss... remember that it's pretty much always the case that "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Kelechi98 wrote: »

How fast?
    6lbs isn't much to lose unless you're 6lbs away from your goal so it isn't going to be lost fast. Also I can't imagine just 6lbs making that much difference so why are you wanting to lose it fast?
  • Kelechi98
    Kelechi98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

How fast?
    6lbs isn't much to lose unless you're 6lbs away from your goal so it isn't going to be lost fast. Also I can't imagine just 6lbs making that much difference so why are you wanting to lose it fast?

Almost at my goal, just need 6 more basically and fast.
  • Kelechi98
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Most people don't lose weight as fast as they want to, especially when you only have a small amount to lose.

My best advice is to set yourself up with a moderate calorie deficit (0.5 to 1 pound a week), eat a wide variety of healthy foods, do a bit of exercise and then keep on going until you lose the weight. It almost certainly will take longer than you want it to, but that's just life.

I don't advise that you starve yourself, exercise excessively or buy pills and potions that advertise miracle weight loss... remember that it's pretty much always the case that "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

What's wrong with the pills, I never thought they even worked
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    fr33sia12 wrote: »

How fast?

Almost at my goal, just need 6 more basically and fast.

If you're almost at your goal, then realistically you can lose half a pound a week, so it will take you three months total. Of course you can crash diet to lose those 6 pounds if you want but it won't do you any favours in the long term.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you in a competition? Is 6 pounds really going to make a difference in your appearance?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It always alarms me when people put "fast" and weight loss in the same sentence or question. :(

You are gonna lose 6 pounds as fast as your body will allow you to lose 6 pounds..
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Drop the kettlebell?

You may be able to lose 6 lbs in 3 weeks. That would be fast and healthy. But if you're close to maintenance weight, than it may be 12 weeks at 0.5 lbs a week. Which would still be fast and healthy since weight lose is not a race.
  • alienws1998
    alienws1998 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The fastest way to know to lose weight is too get a divorce, 180lbs of ugly weight out the window :) That's a joke btw.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If you only have 6lbs to lose, you should probably forget about "fast". Aim for a 0.5lbs loss per week.
  • Kelechi98
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Are you in a competition? Is 6 pounds really going to make a difference in your appearance?

I mean, I have a goal and I want to reach it lol

• Kelechi98
    Options
    daniip_la wrote: »
    If you only have 6lbs to lose, you should probably forget about "fast". Aim for a 0.5lbs loss per week.
    cee134 wrote: »
    Drop the kettlebell?

You may be able to lose 6 lbs in 3 weeks. That would be fast and healthy. But if you're close to maintenance weight, than it may be 12 weeks at 0.5 lbs a week. Which would still be fast and healthy since weight lose is not a race.
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    It always alarms me when people put "fast" and weight loss in the same sentence or question. :(

You are gonna lose 6 pounds as fast as your body will allow you to lose 6 pounds..

Thanks thanks :)
  • Kelechi98
    Options
    The fastest way to know to lose weight is too get a divorce, 180lbs of ugly weight out the window :) That's a joke btw.

Lol, you're funny