Over 300lbs and trying to get fit

Options
I am currently 309lbs and trying to get fit and weight around 200, would love to meet some people and connect that are on the same journey, or have been on this journey. Let's be friends!

Replies

• courtneyallisonatx
    courtneyallisonatx Posts: 133 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement!!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,882 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Rachael. I am 35yo, married 13ys with no kids. Currently 306, highest weight was 312. I want to get down to about 150. As I get closer to goal, i can make that decision later. I would love to share in your jouney. Friend request me!
    <3 Rach
  • NicoleB0830
    NicoleB0830 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have been heavy my whole life and at my heaviest 280 for two years since I got married. I'm looking to get to onederland then I Will access my ideal weight.
  • s3rend1p1ty
    s3rend1p1ty Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have been heavy my whole life, and now I am taking bwck co yeol of emotional eating. I would love more, new friends to share this journey with. Feel free to add me.
  • bbwrc
    bbwrc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello^_^ I've been heavyset for what seems like my whole life, but could be because I was always told I was fat by my mom that I just believed it(which I wasn't looking back at pictures ) but this year I got to my highest weight 315, in January. oh how it killed me , I promised to never get over 300. As of now I'm 274 and working my way down on the scale . Trying to hit at least 20 more lbs before Christmas time when I get to go home for the holidays. Would love to make some new friends and accountability partners ! Feel free to add or message me ^_^
  • tercasey
    tercasey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Request sent!
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey Courtney
    When I made the decision to lose weight I was 335 to 340 maybe more. I didn't want to get on the scale it would make me sick. I would tell myself at night tomorrow I'll start losing weight. I kept saying I need to lose weight and 1day a coworker said walk at lunch with them. So I did, it started me on that journey to losing weight. There were days that I tried to make an excuse to not walk. My friend would say well if you don't want to lose that weight, then don't. I would think about what they had said and I would then walk that day. I started walking about 3yrs. ago. I'm down to 280 and started back to a gym now. So I feel your pain and I'll try to help you along with your journey. When I say your journey and it is yours, you'll be the one that has to move. The one other thing you'll find along the way is a since doing it for yourself. Feel free to add me, and have a great day. (P.S. Don't ever give up trying to lose the weight)
  • Naboo325
    Naboo325 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I started this year on Jan 25 at 320.2, I've been going at it hard this year, i'm at 246 right now, and even though i'm not close to goal yet, I've come along way and feel so good!!!! I'll add you of you on my friends list. Worse thing for me is I had lost 126 lb a few years ago and then gained it ALL back, so this is a do-over, so bad, but it had to be done! One thing I can tell you, this is totally doable!!!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,882 Member
    Options
    @Naboo325 you are incredible! Losing it once is hard; losing it twice makes you a super hero! You rock!
  • courtneyallisonatx
    courtneyallisonatx Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @Naboo325 you are incredible! Losing it once is hard; losing it twice makes you a super hero! You rock!

I couldn't agree with this more!
  • miss211lbs
    miss211lbs Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you can do it...It will take work but it is possible
  • rommygrace
    rommygrace Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I have already made changes in my life that will last forever, today I insert the final piece of the puzzle. I possess the greatest power ever bestowed upon mankind, the power of choice. Today, I choose to persist without exception. No longer will I live in a dimension of distraction, my focus blown hither and yon like a leaf on a blustery day. I know the outcome I desire. I hold fast to my dreams. I stay the course. I do not quit.
    Andy Andrews
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I started at 305 Feb. 14th 2015. I've been in maintenance mode at 185 lbs +/- 3lbs for about 4-5 months now. It can be done, just don't give up! And yes, I likely lost the weight a little too fast, even managed to injure myself a few times pushing too hard but I'm still here. Lots of good people here to help you, don't let one single failure stop you on your journey, happiness at a healthy weight awaits you.
  • bhputman
    bhputman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm from Colorado and trying to lose weight also. Just joined golds gym and took my first fitness cardio class yesterday. We can do this
  • CM0434
    CM0434 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm seriously lacking in the motivation lately. Have a good amount to lose and could use some buds with the same struggles. Feel free to add me :)
  • thabrain3
    thabrain3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Set very do-able goals. 100lbs is a great goal, but there's a lot of frustration along the way.

When I started at 354 all my goal was to go to the gym 3x in one full week. No matter the week. Then a year later found MFP and the near OCD-level of tracking your steps, food, exercise became fun, because the gym habit was somewhat there..thus, able to build on it and take on new goals.

This is just humble opinion from a guy who had zero discipline and not known to have "sticktoitiveness"...
  • heyfieldbake
    heyfieldbake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    try working in a bakery and still lose weight!! haha i have losted 2% body fat in 3 weeks. it Take hard work and logging the food has made me realize where i went wrong in the past. since having myfitness pal to help been so much easier to track your daily needs, i also would talk to a fitness person or dietitian about marcos etc so that you get a better understanding of it all. wish you luck, anyone willing to help themselves is already on the right track!!