Losing alot of weight

Options

Replies

• SavannahJJ93
    SavannahJJ93 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    fuzzydogpa wrote: »
    If all of you who are busting on my post read it and pay attention you will see that I was addressing people who have insulin resistance and who get severe insulin spikes when they eat carbs and that causes them to store almost every carb they eat as body fat. I said most people and I was not talking about people who do not have metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance. I was trying to offer some help but forget it. I did not say that carbs are evil for all people but the ones who have insulin resistance have a very hard time processing them because the insulin cannot drive the glucose from them into the muscles and thus drives it into the fat cells instead. If you don't have insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome then the post was not meant to apply to someone with a normal glucose processing metabolism.

Im sorry if I upset you? Your post just made me a bit confused, and honestly, tracking calories is hard enough to do for me. Now lets say, in a few months I should have lost weight, but havent, then your post could be beneficial. Also, I dont feel like anyone "busted your post", lifes too short to get upset at people you dont know online.
  • tahliahallitt
    tahliahallitt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me, we are all in this together, the bigger you MFP family is the more support you will have to help you through
  • destinybennett26
    destinybennett26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new and look to motivate and gain motivation
  • AnabolicMind2011
    AnabolicMind2011 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't have too much to lose. I'm just wanting to shred some body fat and gain some lean muscle but I do know a thing or two about eating for fat loss. Most people who eat due to being hungry a lot are insulin resistant. And I know it sounds counter intuitive but you have to eat fat to lose the fat while restricting your carbs. Carbs drive up insulin and it is the fat storage hormone. So if you are binge eating then do it on foods that won't drive up insulin. Chose pickles or olives or meats and cheeses. Avoid sugar and limit fruits to only berries until you reach your goal. Eat lots of non-starchy veggies. No flour, no pasta, no sugar, no rice, no oatmeal, no potatoes, no grains or cereal. You can make a low carb cereal by taking coconut flakes, walnuts, sesame and flax seeds, almonds and sprinkling them with cinnamon and some vanilla and stevia and toasting it in an oven and then storing that for use in place of cereal. You can substitute steamed grated cauliflower in recipes calling for potatoes or rice or use spiral cut zucchini instead of pasta or use spaghetti squash or miracle noodles or miracle rice. You look at how you are eating and where the carbs are coming from and you simply substitute the carbs with low carb replacements. Also do some weight training so that you don't burn up muscle while losing body fat. Retaining your muscle will keep your metabolism from decreasing and give you a leaner look as the fat burns off. Don't pay attention to the scale as a pound of muscle is very condensed on your body whereas a pound of fat takes up a large volume on your body. So losing a 10 lbs of fat will look drastically different than losing 10 lbs of muscle. Just take an article of clothing that is tight and keep trying it on until it fits well and then gets looser and then just keep doing that with some article of clothing. That is a better way to judge your progress and stay motivated. Water retention can cause our weight to fluctuate +5 /- 5 lbs daily which an be discouraging if seeking validation from a scale. I also put pics on my fridge of what I want my body to look like and every time I think about opening the fridge or the pantry and mindlessly snacking I look at the pics. If you have to snack then do it on deviled eggs, or pickles, or meat and cheese or celery. Some good recipe websites are I breath I'm hungry, Peace Love and low carb, and All Day I Dream About Food. Hope this helps some of you.
    I don't have too much to lose. I'm just wanting to shred some body fat and gain some lean muscle but I do know a thing or two about eating for fat loss. Most people who eat due to being hungry a lot are insulin resistant. And I know it sounds counter intuitive but you have to eat fat to lose the fat while restricting your carbs. Carbs drive up insulin and it is the fat storage hormone. So if you are binge eating then do it on foods that won't drive up insulin. Chose pickles or olives or meats and cheeses. Avoid sugar and limit fruits to only berries until you reach your goal. Eat lots of non-starchy veggies. No flour, no pasta, no sugar, no rice, no oatmeal, no potatoes, no grains or cereal. You can make a low carb cereal by taking coconut flakes, walnuts, sesame and flax seeds, almonds and sprinkling them with cinnamon and some vanilla and stevia and toasting it in an oven and then storing that for use in place of cereal. You can substitute steamed grated cauliflower in recipes calling for potatoes or rice or use spiral cut zucchini instead of pasta or use spaghetti squash or miracle noodles or miracle rice. You look at how you are eating and where the carbs are coming from and you simply substitute the carbs with low carb replacements. Also do some weight training so that you don't burn up muscle while losing body fat. Retaining your muscle will keep your metabolism from decreasing and give you a leaner look as the fat burns off. Don't pay attention to the scale as a pound of muscle is very condensed on your body whereas a pound of fat takes up a large volume on your body. So losing a 10 lbs of fat will look drastically different than losing 10 lbs of muscle. Just take an article of clothing that is tight and keep trying it on until it fits well and then gets looser and then just keep doing that with some article of clothing. That is a better way to judge your progress and stay motivated. Water retention can cause our weight to fluctuate +5 /- 5 lbs daily which an be discouraging if seeking validation from a scale. I also put pics on my fridge of what I want my body to look like and every time I think about opening the fridge or the pantry and mindlessly snacking I look at the pics. If you have to snack then do it on deviled eggs, or pickles, or meat and cheese or celery. Some good recipe websites are I breath I'm hungry, Peace Love and low carb, and All Day I Dream About Food. Hope this helps some of you.

Op please disregard this post. There's no reason to go low carb unless you have a medical condition. This post is exactly what is wrong with mfp.
  • SavannahJJ93
    Options

Op please disregard this post. There's no reason to go low carb unless you have a medical condition. This post is exactly what is wrong with mfp.

Thank you! Im just using the mantra "Eat less, move more" approach! ☺✌
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Thank you! Im just using the mantra "Eat less, move more" approach! ☺✌

Winner!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    25 year old mother of one here ! as well since i can remember i have always been over 200 pounds ! im ready to loose this weight make a change and be able to active with my 4 year old daughter !
  • SavannahJJ93
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    25 year old mother of one here ! as well since i can remember i have always been over 200 pounds ! im ready to loose this weight make a change and be able to active with my 4 year old daughter !

I have a 2.5 boy and a 5.5 month old daughter. When I was in third grade I weighed over 100lbs. In highschool I was over 200. And now at 23, I am 5 pounds away from 300. I refuse to keep on gaining weight. I dont wanna be a stick by any means, I wanna keep a little chunk, but I wanna fit into more clothes I like, feel better, and be able to be naked around my husband and not feel self conscious. My family and myself deserve a happy, confident me.
  • SavannahJJ93
    Options

I havent met anyone like that before on here. I dont have a medical condition. I over eat, emotional eat, and have binges, and those are why I am overweight.
  • kally_wph
    kally_wph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi! I added you! Im trying to lose some weight as well but i find it so difficult! Anyone who wants to try and motivate each other feel free to add me!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I havent met anyone like that before on here. I dont have a medical condition. I over eat, emotional eat, and have binges, and those are why I am overweight.

There are a few, but you seem to have your head on your shoulders. You can do it!
  • SavannahJJ93
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

There are a few, but you seem to have your head on your shoulders. You can do it!

Thank you! ☺
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hi...I realize that all of the others on this thread are women, but I am open to discussion, support and encouragement with anyone on MFP. In fact, in my experience here, when it comes to discussing eating, most of my MFP friends are female. Guys tend to discuss the exercise aspect more. Not a rule, just an observation. In any event, if any of you want to friend me, I have a lot of history with weight control and I feel like I've finally found a home here on MFP, something that works for me. Let's talk...
  • SavannahJJ93
    Options
    Hi...I realize that all of the others on this thread are women, but I am open to discussion, support and encouragement with anyone on MFP. In fact, in my experience here, when it comes to discussing eating, most of my MFP friends are female. Guys tend to discuss the exercise aspect more. Not a rule, just an observation. In any event, if any of you want to friend me, I have a lot of history with weight control and I feel like I've finally found a home here on MFP, something that works for me. Let's talk...

That makes sense! Thanks for that info, and you availablity to give advice.
  • SavannahJJ93
    Options
    Friends are always welcome!
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi! How much are you looking to lose??? I want to lose 100lbs to get at 130lbs. I've tried to lose weight twice before and regained it after hitting 30lb loss twice. This time is different. There is no "stop" button for me now, only "rest for a short period of time and get back to work."

I started today. I ate 1200 calories, jogged indoors for 15 minutes without rest, and went for a mile long walk (not as part of exercise but as a daily maitenance from now on since I work from home and usually don't get any basic calorie burning steps in that others get just going to and from work).

My display picture is of me right after I finished my jog! I was so proud of myself.

My back was killing me on the mile long walk afterwards. I have large breasts that pull me painfully forward. Strangely wearing a backpack with textbooks in it helps balance out the weight of my breasts and stops the back strain. I thought I'd mention this in case there are any other women blessed with boobs the size of their head.
  • SavannahJJ93
    Options
    Hi! How much are you looking to lose??? I want to lose 100lbs to get at 130lbs. I've tried to lose weight twice before and regained it after hitting 30lb loss twice. This time is different. There is no "stop" button for me now, only "rest for a short period of time and get back to work."

I started today. I ate 1200 calories, jogged indoors for 15 minutes without rest, and went for a mile long walk (not as part of exercise but as a daily maitenance from now on since I work from home and usually don't get any basic calorie burning steps in that others get just going to and from work).

My display picture is of me right after I finished my jog! I was so proud of myself.

My back was killing me on the mile long walk afterwards. I have large breasts that pull me painfully forward. Strangely wearing a backpack with textbooks in it helps balance out the weight of my breasts and stops the back strain. I thought I'd mention this in case there are any other women blessed with boobs the size of their head.

Im wanting to lose 100lbs to get at 195, but then eventually get to 150lbs as my weight. We all have to start somewhere. I am not looking for a quick fix, I want a lifestyle change. So basically if it takes a year or two to lose it all, Im cool with that.