Hit my goal!

Options
damiansinc
damiansinc Posts: 70 Member
Hit my goal this morning. I'm 6' 2" and started as high as 260 lbs. I mostly hovered around 254 lbs and that was the weight the scale recorded when I started on the weight loss in March. On the one year anniversary of my wife's death. Didn't want to abandon my son.

This morning I am 194 lbs and in a healthy BMI for the first time in my adult life.

2d8ipiehq06h.jpeg

Going to transition to maintenance. I'm 2 weeks into a 12 week lifting program and hoping to switch out some of the last fat weight with muscle weight. Will go back to the doctor in November and make sure all my blood work looks good as well.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome transformation! Good luck with the lifting!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! Good luck with the weight lifting!! I am sure you will do it!! I bet your son is so proud!! Keep up the amazing work!!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, your wife watches on proud. You'll be around for you son as well as a shining example of determination for him. :)
  • fposte2016
    fposte2016 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What an incredibly inspiring and poignant story. Congratulations on the BMI and all your success.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dariusshaw
    dariusshaw Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What all did you eat I am just eating salad everyday for a week with chicken with chicken breast and few cheese cubes day nd night I also started working out a little
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look really healthy.
  • damiansinc
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm starting to feel like a person again.

@dariusshaw I definitely ate a lot of salads. Tried to eat better whenever I could. When I found combos that worked with my calorie count I tended to repeat them. I did take one meal a week as a cheat meal and ate whatever I wanted. Usually where I got my BBQ fix.

Like so many people on here it was about being diligent for the long haul and not letting a bad day or week trip you up.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well Hello George Clooney. Great Job!!! Way to turn a negative into positive energy. Your Son is a lucky young man for such an inspiring Dad. Way To Go.
  • damiansinc
    Options
    cosmonew wrote: »
    Well Hello George Clooney.

Ha! You just made my decade!
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I like what you said about being diligent and not letting a bad day or week get in the way of success. Great job!!!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Well, NOVA is certainly looking better all of a sudden. ;) Congrats!
  • damiansinc
    Options

Well, with the string of 90 degree days we've had I think the whole population shed a few pounds!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    damiansinc wrote: »

Well, with the string of 90 degree days we've had I think the whole population shed a few pounds!

Worked for me!!
  • hopejaye75
    hopejaye75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats to you
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!! My husband started logging today, I'm going to show him your pics tonight, hopefully for a little motivation. Great work :)
  • m_offer63
    m_offer63 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats !! Amazing transformation
    so you lost 60 pounds .
    I hope that happen to me too, would you please write more about your diet & how you did it ?
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you genuinely look like a different (younger) person.
  • pigelet
    pigelet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your wife! She'd be so proud and your son gets to have a healthy daddy!

Good Luck with maintenance. You look phenomenal!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    That is incredible. Thank you for sharing your story. Do you mind telling me your age? I am 43 and I fear - although I know the fear is baseless - I will never be below 200lbs again. I started at 6'1" about 245ish. I've been counting religiously for about five weeks now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!