Not logging Drinks???

Options

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I log any drink that has calories. I can drink anything from zero calories to a thousand on a boozy weekend. I log every bit of it. My diary is open so feel free to nose around.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    The only drink I consume with calories is a protein shake. I imagine most people on here ditch calorie drinks as soon as that start logging and realize how many of their daily calories they consume.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I log it. Black coffee and diet coke do have calories.
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I log everything but water.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I only drink black coffee, black tea, water, and seltzer. So I don't bother logging those.

Drink calories are basically the first thing I completely cut because they're pretty much never worth it for me (except a latte once in a while, but I still don't add sugar).
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I only log drinks with calories. My drinks are just one coffeee, tea and lots and lots of water. No calories, for me, means no logging
  • billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i log everything. I have gotten away from drinking soda/pop and drink a lot more water, but I also drink heavy cream, and coconut milk. I am doing LCHF
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

The diet coke in my fridge has zero calories. The can even says, "zero calorie soda." Do you have a different kind of diet coke?
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i only drink water and milk. once every few months i'll buy a juice. if i had anything else i would log it obviously.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »

The diet coke in my fridge has zero calories. The can even says, "zero calorie soda." Do you have a different kind of diet coke?

It technically has a couple, but law states that the manufacturer can claim zero if it's under five per serving. Not enough for me to bother with.
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    zamphir66 wrote: »

A 500ml bottle has 2 calories I think. They are allowed to say zero calories because its less than one calorie per 'blah' amount. I guess it's negligible, but I still log it :-)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    I'm with them ^^

I can't afford to drink calories any more. It doesn't help me stay full and if I want fruit I eat fruit. I very rarely have a Coke or anything that is zero nutrition. I have some milk in my coffee, then it's water the rest of the day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I only log drinks with calories, I would think everyone does the same.

This.

I also don't log water, since I always drink plenty and always have.

Coffee (black) has a few calories, but since I always drink it and it's not that many I don't bother logging. If I ever decide to cut down I will. Maybe. Maybe I'll check the water thing for it to be confusing!
  • hludwig980
    hludwig980 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I drink water and unsweetened tea the vast majority of the time so I do not log it. Now, if I have a soda or lemonade or something, that I will log.
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If I drink something with zero calories I may or may not log it. Most times I do. The rest of the time I just brink water with Mio or something like that. The calories in that are negligible and within the margin of error that it doesn't matter.

Or right now I have a bottle of sparkling flavored water. Don't know if I'll log or just add water.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I log all my drinks, water, tea, coffee, lemon water, i log everything ;)
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    In the UK we have labels like this for zero calorie carbonated drinks.

55-diet-coke.png

IMAG0268.jpg
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I mainly drink water, coffee, and La Croix. I'll log the milk in my coffee but I don't bother to log my water all day.
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The only liquid I log is stuff with calories. I drink a lot of diet soda and I don't bother with that. 1-2 calories per soda isn't going to change my figure.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    The only calories that are worth drinking are booze calories, which I most definitely log.