Random, er, sweat question

Options
I was always amazed (and somewhat revolted) how men seem to sweat from everywhere. I started training with my brother and best mate and couldn't believe their arms sweated - of all places?! I just sweated on my head (I have very thick, long hair with a fringe) and on my back, and I made those guys sit on their towels in my car. Now, I've lost 20lbs, I am fitter (HR is lower and my endurance has improved) but I've started sweating more. I was at the gym today and noticed my arms were soaked?!! :noway:

Replies

• gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    maybe it's genetics? weather? intensity? I sweat like a beast (which is embarrassing for a petite girl!).....like, i think i have made grown men cringe. Super weird places too, like my lower back and behind my knees. Its only when i am exercising though. I can comfortably sit in 90+ weather dry as a bone. i am sure multiple factors effect each and every work out you do!
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Even my fingers sweat. Oh, and my eyebrows. I'm just a big sweater!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I sweat from places I didn't think there were sweat pores, lol. And I live in AR where the humidity is so high, the sweat never evaporates. I think I am more soaked after working out, before taking a shower, than I am after the shower. I have heard that studies show that the healthier you are, the more you sweat.
  • dmoses
    dmoses Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I have heard that studies show that the healthier you are, the more you sweat.

OH, I really like this!!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I sweat from every pore in my body.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options

Then i am the pinnacle of health! :D
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just thought it was weird, cause I barely sweated at all when I started out. And that's when my HR was going 180+ after the first couple of minutes, and I found working out just generally knackering. I mean, I'm giving it a lot of effort but I thought the fitter you got and the better your heart became at coping with the exercise, the less you would sweat. I was like 'why are my arms wet?!' D'uh!
    It has been unusually warm for the UK this last couple of weeks but the gym is AC'd.
  • scottishtinkerbella
    Options

Then i am the pinnacle of health! :D

Same then but I'm sadly not :(
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Just thought it was weird, cause I barely sweated at all when I started out. And that's when my HR was going 180+ after the first couple of minutes, and I found working out just generally knackering. I mean, I'm giving it a lot of effort but I thought the fitter you got and the better your heart became at coping with the exercise, the less you would sweat. I was like 'why are my arms wet?!' D'uh!
    It has been unusually warm for the UK this last couple of weeks but the gym is AC'd.

I'm one of those people who sweats everywhere and leaves puddles around cardio machines. Always have been.

As you get fitter, your body just responds more quickly to the rise in core temperature. So you start sweating sooner than a less fit person does. Wonderful when working out, not so wonderful when you're dressed up and waiting for the subway on your way to work!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweaty girl when exercising too- always have been. Every single pore sweats! I HAVE to shower after exercising. haha
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options

OH, I really like this!!!

It's not because you are "healthier" per se. Increased sweating is a natural adaptation to fitness training. It means your body is more efficient at cooling itself.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i sweat from ERRRRRRWHERE! my legs, my arms, my shoulders, my back, my chest, my neck. I've always thought it was normal LOL
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was normal for some people, just didn't think you really changed in your sweating pattern. But yeah I guess it makes sense, just hope it doesn't kick in when I'm dancing in a club when I'm rushing around at work