Anybody else's measurements change while menstruating?

Options
I seem to get puffier during that time. Just wondering if anyone else had experienced this phenomenon lol.

Replies

• angryyrobot
    angryyrobot Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes, I get this too. It's my understanding that the body retains water during this time. I sometimes even go up a size :o It can be frustrating lol
  • Hausisse1
    Hausisse1 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that makes me feel better! I just startee getting periods again after having amenorrhea due to stress for a while... and having my measurememts change and gaining a lb or two during menstruation is tripping me up.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yep, just every woman ever who has a period...

Pretty much. Virtually every woman experiences bloating, water retention etc. during her period.

Many also retain a couple of pounds of water just before ovulation.

With (peri) menopause I'll retain water for weeks, even months on end. Good times.
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    And pain! I am in so much pain today... But in a few days time, I will be smaller, so that's a win.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Lol there are always a couple days during ovulation and PMS when I bloat so much that I look 5 or 6 months pregnant. It's so awful (possibly due to my ovarian cysts though).
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Yep..and I would be lucky if it was a pound or two and in my situation that is observed to actually exist by my husband ..he stays clear of my path cause I have the tendency to not be pleasant to be around. :D
  • Plutodreams
    Plutodreams Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes. My clothes get tighter, I look bloated, etc.
  • Plutodreams
    Plutodreams Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Yep..and I would be lucky if it was a pound or two and in my situation that is observed to actually exist by my husband ..he stays clear of my path cause I have the tendency to not be pleasant to be around. :D

My husband does that too!
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    It's called being bloated. Wonderful isn't it? Pants are tighter, boobs are sore and swollen. Men want to mess with us and we want to slap them for it. Ahhhhhh, the wonders of being female!
  • VT802VT
    VT802VT Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All the time...
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    ugh i always get bloated ,clothes get a little tighter and i just feel plump
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Doesn't seem to affect me at all. :smiley:
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yep all over the place. I just ignore the scale and mirror that week.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Yep! My breasts bloat so much that I'm spilling out of my bra. My face puffs up and I just look super chubby and my pants get so tight. It also can mess with my workouts. There are times when I feel like I'm giving the same effort, but the workout doesn't seem as effective or that the same workout I did last week is 10xs more difficult.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Although that "breasts spilling out of my bra" thing doesn't happen to me. At all. I kind of wish it would. LOL!
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I always woosh down almost a kg just before getting my period. Sadly, it doesn't last.. After that initial woosh I just avoid the scale for a week or so ;)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Yes.

Although that "breasts spilling out of my bra" thing doesn't happen to me. At all. I kind of wish it would. LOL!

Trust me, it's overrated :D
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Yes.

Trust me, it's overrated :D

No kidding. I had a line of bruising under my band, where the underwire pressed into my breast tissue, and along the sides after bloating caused the girls to swell during a particularly long day in which i was wearing my most supportive (ie tightest) sports bra.