SIXERS Headed for the Beach--Week 5

Options

Replies

• jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cathy(chipper)...............................SW 237.2 lbs / GW 229.0 lbs / CW 234.2 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0 lbs
    Clare (Finnhead)...........................SW 155.6 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 153.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.6 lbs - yay! going the right way!
    Em (MLEK)....................................SW 175.0 lbs / GW 160.8 lbs / CW 169.6 lbs / PROGRESS -5.4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)..........................SW 157.0 lbs / GW 152.0 lbs / CW 154.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0 lbs
    Kim (JDKLove18)..........................SW 197.0 lbs /GW 192.0 lbs / CW 197.5 lbs / PROGRESS +0.5 lbs :(
    Amy(Amy_36)................................SW 200.2 lbs / GW 194.0 lbs / CW 205.00 lbs / PROGRESS+ 4.8 lbs
    Julia (jmiller0906)..........................SW 134.4 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 138.4 lbs / PROGRESS +4.0 lbs

Lorena(reyna99)...........................SW 154.2 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 152.6 lbs / PROGRESS -1.6 lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12.....................SW 195.0 lbs / GW 189.0 lbs / CW 190.0 lbs / PROGRESS -5.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ..............SW 133.2 lbs / GW 127.0 lbs / CW 136.8.0 lbs / PROGRESS +3.6 lb
    Jennifer(candycaneps)..................SW 170.0 lbs / GW 165 lbs / CW 170 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Julie (juliebily)................................SW167.7 lbs / GW 155.5 lbs / CW 169.3 lbs / PROGRESS +1.6 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou_24)....................SW 150.0 lbs /GW 145.0 lbs / CW 148.2 lbs / PROGRESS -1.8 lbs
    Stacey(Stacey765)........................SW 155.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 155.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)......................SW 148.7 lbs / GW 143.0 lbs / CW 148.7 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lb

I wish this was a challenge to GAIN weight because I'd be kicking all your butts!!! :laugh:
    Stupid holiday weekend and lack of willpower and lack of exercise! :tongue:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    come on julia and amy....strap on your tennies and lets get movin on down the road. i challenge you for this next week to log at least every other day and do at least 20 mins of some sort of exercise every other day. and you have report it to us on the days you do it. this should be doable. starting today.....

did zumba tonight. it sure was what i needed to kick my behind back in the saddle. it felt great. that was what i have been missing the last few days. she showed us what the new zumba toning is about. going to love it. using weights, oh my shanell and i had to take rests even with 3# weights.

well, DH is out of the shower, my turn.

later
  • juliebily
    juliebily Posts: 13
    Options
    Cathy(chipper)...............................SW 237.2 lbs / GW 229.0 lbs / CW 234.2 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0 lbs
    Clare (Finnhead)...........................SW 155.6 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 153.0 lbs / PROGRESS -2.6 lbs - yay! going the right way!
    Em (MLEK)....................................SW 175.0 lbs / GW 160.8 lbs / CW 169.6 lbs / PROGRESS -5.4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)..........................SW 157.0 lbs / GW 152.0 lbs / CW 154.0 lbs / PROGRESS -3.0 lbs
    Kim (JDKLove18)..........................SW 197.0 lbs /GW 192.0 lbs / CW 197.5 lbs / PROGRESS +0.5 lbs :(
    Amy(Amy_36)................................SW 200.2 lbs / GW 194.0 lbs / CW 205.00 lbs / PROGRESS+ 4.8 lbs
    Julia (jmiller0906)..........................SW 134.4 lbs / GW 130.0 lbs / CW 138.4 lbs / PROGRESS +4.0 lbs
    Julie (juliebily)................................SW167.7 lbs / GW 155.5 lbs / CW 169.2 lbs / PROGRESS +1.5 lbs

Lorena(reyna99)...........................SW 154.2 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 152.6 lbs / PROGRESS -1.6 lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12.....................SW 195.0 lbs / GW 189.0 lbs / CW 190.0 lbs / PROGRESS -5.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ..............SW 133.2 lbs / GW 127.0 lbs / CW 136.8.0 lbs / PROGRESS +3.6 lb
    Jennifer(candycaneps)..................SW 170.0 lbs / GW 165 lbs / CW 170 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou_24)....................SW 150.0 lbs /GW 145.0 lbs / CW 148.2 lbs / PROGRESS -1.8 lbs
    Stacey(Stacey765)........................SW 155.0 lbs / GW 145.0 lbs / CW 155.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman)......................SW 148.7 lbs / GW 143.0 lbs / CW 148.7 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) ................................SW 0.0 lbs / GW 0.0 lbs / CW 0.0 lbs / PROGRESS 0.00 lb

I actually could not find the week 4 update, which is fine since I have been avoiding the scale! I am back on track with exercise and food choices...I appreciate the support and am actually not feeling so bad since a couple of you have admitted to not losing during a 6 week challenge!

Life happens and I keep reminding myself that this journey is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thank you for continuing to check in!
    Julie
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....

yup julie this is life and we have to live it by it's rules not always ours. it's so hard to adjust to the way it wants things to go. we always want things to go smoothly and not bumps, mountains, slides, etc. but, it doesn't happen that way. i have found a few bumps in my road this last week. i think, no i know i have pasted them and for the momment there aren't any ahead.

nothing planned for today. i am just deciding if i want to do a dvd or go for a walk or the gym. i really don't want to go anywhere so i am going to do a dvd i think. tomorrow i get a new washer. i don't like the one i got 8 months back, so the store made a deal with me. so excited. this one is new and top loader. i have missed my top loaders.

off to get the day really going.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just did JM's 6 pack in 6 weeks or what ever it is. it's "on demand" what a killer ab workout. they are going to be sore. i did notice i need to tighten them more during a workout. i use my neck too much. time for a shower. i sweated bunches. do not like the burpies in it.

have a great day
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    Hi All,

Cathy - I completly forgot that you can find JM and others on Demand... I was just trying to figure out what I would do tonight. I think I will do abs and take the pups for a nice easy walk on the beach. :flowerforyou:

I think I am going to take the day off from cardio (except for walking the dogs) - I did a ton yesturday and burned almost 1,000 calories.... :bigsmile: .... the weird thing is I feel heavy, typically when I am doing well w/ exercise etc. I feel good... not thins time... :grumble: I think I just need to push through this low. I really hope the scale moves next week - I need that.

Julie - Stick with it! My story is that I joined up with the sixers about 2 years ago when I was 20 lbs lighter and lost weight, felt great.... etc. Then I thought I was on the right track, didn't log in for several months, years etc... got back on the scale this winter and bam I was 175. YIKES - that was a wake up call, since then I have lost some, gained some... but the one thing I do know is that I am not leaving MFP, or the sixers becuase I don't want to wake up 20 lbs heavier again! :laugh: The last couple challenges I have maintained or gained, but I am OK with that b/c I am making positive steps in my life... logging and checking in is the firts step to success (for me) and I know it will come eventually.... :flowerforyou: Keep it up, we are all here to support you!

Julia - Get out there girl! You can do it!!!! Holiday weekends s*ck for me too... but the real challenge is moving on and staying motivated... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Cathy...yeah 6 week 6 pack is a good one! I think I might do it tonight!

Did Yoga last night and got in a good run! Feeling a little bloated today, but probably due to TOM. Oh well...

Plan today:
    Food--
    B-Crunchy Nut flakes cereal, skim milk, coffee w/sugarfree creamer
    S-Banana
    L-Mixed greens, baby tomatos, cucumber, spritzer dressing, light yogurt
    S-Strawberries and blueberries
    D-??? Probably a hamburger on the grill
    S-FF Frozen yogurt with cool whip free

Exercise--
    Run outside
    JM 6 week 6 pack

Have a great day!
  • mlek
    Options
    hi all. just a quick check in. went on a strange rice cake binge... :laugh: ate 4 of them... thank goodness they only have 45 calories......either way it was sort of strange...just kept eating them. then didn't feel like my lunch. oh well. heading home soon. going to do some cleaning then i need to figure out dinner and get a video in. walking with the pups when the BF gets home tonight. that is all.

nice work kristin! keep up the good work!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just mowed the lawns before a rainy weekend. meat loaf in the oven, need to get the dogs feed and boomer his shot, and potatoes boiling.

have a good night
  • jmiller0906
    jmiller0906 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cathy - That's so funny that you suggested that, because that's exactly what I've been doing this week! Logging everything, exercising every day! I had a few bumps but I learned my lesson. I am not logging the food on here, which I should be doing, but I don't have enough time. But for exercise so far I have:
    Tuesday: @ noon - 20 min walk & after work - rollerblade (with stroller) about 6.5 miles (3 1/4 to pick Drew up from daycare, and 3 1/4 back home)
    Wednesday: @ noon - 20 min walk & after work - walk 2 1/2 miles with stroller and Turbo Jam Toning Video
    Thursday: @ noon - 20 min walk & after work - rollerblade to pick up Drew

Plan for Friday: Walk @ noon (whoa shocker! :noway: ) & after work - take a nice stroll around the neighborhood. I also get a "date night" with hubby and no son for the first time in a while, so we're going to Red Lobster :ohwell: and out to see a movie.

Plan for Saturday: Some yoga (yay! trying a new video) and a longer walk (maybe 10 miles-ish?) to prepare for the 1/2 marathon in a few months.

Plan for Sunday: Some pilates w/exercise ball (new video!) and I'd like to get in a bike ride as well.

That's the plan, we'll see how it goes! :happy:

Good luck to everyone else this weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Okay, real quick check in. Heading out on vacation next week, so I'm going to post my weight tomorrow morning, but I'm liking the direction the scale is going. I'll be happy breaking even by the end of this challenge. I'll be without a scale for a whole week, but have planned runs on the beach with hubby and daughter, lots of swimming, and healthy eating.

My victory for the week was my daughter in Trader Joe's looking for a quick lunch and picking up a tuna salad sandwich only to find it went over the 20% fat range. So I told her, why not just eat only half. She said "I can do that" and she was satisfied. She then told me that while at her Daddy's house, they had dip and chips. So she looked at the potato chip bag and realized that one serving was about 14 chips, so she opted for half of them so she could have more dip. Yeah! She's getting it - and she's only 10. Oh yeah, and she about killed me at the gym the other day with her 5K run and then triceps, biceps, push-ups, and planks. I try showing her the easier versions so she can build up, but she says she wants to build strength. She amazes me.

As for my ex and the whole drama last week, talked to him and he admits he made some seriously bad judgments in error. I told him I was giving him the chance to fix it with the kids BEFORE I went away and not letting it fester and I suggested he take that opportunity. This was his one freebie. If it happens again, then we will have some serious problems. Hopefully he will learn. Safety of my kids, NOT a compromise.

So ladies, I will be internet accessible, BUT will be too busy playing on the beach with my wonderful family, so don't know how much I'll be posting.

You all lovely, wonderful, inspiring women have an awesome weekend. I will keep each of you in mind as I make my food choices and exercise this upcoming week on vacation.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning...

lula....have a GREAT vacation and a wonderful time with family. enjoy that beach and runs on the beach. you can do this and you will be fine. great news with daughter learning healthy ways. she will remember these tips through her life. we are getting a trader joes. don't know when it's suppose to open. DH keeps me informed. he works by it. can't wait to hear the stories of your great beach workouts. make a video of them for us. "Sixer beach workout" hey it goes with our chanllenge titile. have a good time. i will sit on your shoulder, are you sure you want to eat that much, maybe just a smaller portion.

shanell will be leaving on monday for her vacation. ours is the first week of aug. don't know yet if we are going anywhere. son is moving his things out of storage on tuesday. so excited. he is staying at shanells while they are gone. will be alone next week. what will we do with ourselfs. LOL. have the two fat pork chops in the freezer for one. maybe it will push him harder to move out of my house since his stuff will be in his home.

well, get new washer today. cleaning house than just read waiting for them to get here. rainy weekend. got all my chores done for the week. zumba tonight.

off to get started. breakfast first....
  • mlek
    Options
    Morning Ladies.
    I couldn't ride my bike to work today as I had hoped... we had a crazy rain / thunder storm... roads flooded etc. A wave of water came over the hood of my car - scary stuff. But I am at work now, and the sun is coming out... got to love New England weather!

I don't think i will get in any exercise today as I am going home to clean, pack, meet the BF and ride up north to see his brother... The BF is helping him work on the house (my BF is a contractor, so we end up helping alot of family and friends with their houses :laugh: ...I don't mind it, neither does he - plus it is a great workout!)

I wasn't really hungry this morning, probably b/c I didn't get my ride in. Ate two rice cakes (I am on a rice cake kick :laugh: ) Heading to main campus to re-sign my contract and take my new ID / security pass picture... (that should be interesting). I feel skinny today - I looked in the mirror and my waist looked small, and my arms seemed more toned... I should really take measurements...

mabey we could do a side challenge (during the next six weeks) with measurements... probably just measuring @1, 3 and 6 weeks... what do you guys think?

Chipper. A new washer sounds nice! We need a neew dryer BADLY! :bigsmile:

Lula. Have a wonderful vacation!!!!!!! Keep up the exercise / activity and you will do just fine! I actually tend to lose weight on vaca b/c I am so much more active, not sitting on my butt @ work all day!

Keep it up ladies! Have a GREAT GREAT GREAT weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i don't like waiting. i am wanting to eat. don't want to get started on something than have to quit. been reading my book, watching tv. and just taking 10 mins cat naps in my chair. what a life i know, but, i want to get started on some projects. want to finish my house cleaning, but, everything from the laundry room is in the den. the rest of the house was cleaned before 8:30 this morning.

later
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    mlek - I like the idea of the measurements. I was also thinking of stating one thing we did differently during a challenge to better ourselves, so that our only successes aren't scale based (like increasing our exercise, or quitting a food, or not eating late at night, etc).

Cathy - How you do what you do woman absolutely amazes me. I think you deserve to breath/nap every once in awhile. Enjoy your new washer :)

One more day and I'm outta here. Heading to the gym right now so give myself confidence as our vacation is a "beach vacation" so my whole week will be in the bikinis my husband insists I wear. Fortunately, we aren't on a crowded beach, so mostly for his eyes only. Gotta love my blind man. :tongue:

Have a great evening.
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Julie (juliebily)................................SW167.7 lbs / GW 155.5 lbs / CW 169.2 lbs / PROGRESS +1.5 lbs
    Shanell (Nellienell12.....................SW 195.0 lbs / GW 189.0 lbs / CW 191.0 lbs / PROGRESS -4.0 lbs

• nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well, gained a pound, but that is cause I have just been feeling stressed and TOM is sure due any day now. But I will be in the 180's when I come back from FL next week. I am officially off from work until Aug. 1st. So happy!! Did my happy dance when I went to get my girls today. They are happy to stay home with Momma and Dadda for 3 weeks. We too, will be on vacation next week. We leave for Florida on Monday and leave on Friday to head to VA for the weekend to spend some time with the kids' God Father and his family. Then we will do things around town, like waterpark, plantation walks, and so forth. Can't wait to get going.

Doing Zumba tonight with Mom. Brother will come watch the girls so that the dogs get used to him. I have 2 pits, and one is very protective of us, plus she is blind in one eye. He will definatley stay busy. Maybe he'll take one of the dogs with him, LOL.

Anyways, hope everyone enjoys their vacations and weekends, I know I will!!!
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Shanell (Nellienell12.....................SW 195.0 lbs / GW 189.0 lbs / CW 191.0 lbs / PROGRESS -4.0 lbs
    AmyLou (amylou_24)....................SW 150.0 lbs /GW 145.0 lbs / CW 147.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs

• amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Whoops!! Fell off the edge of the earth there for a bit! But I'm here! Still doing C25K three times a week and doing strength training in between. Need to catch up on everyone's posts but it looks like everyone is hanging in there!!
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    AmyLou (amylou_24)....................SW 150.0 lbs /GW 145.0 lbs / CW 147.6 lbs / PROGRESS -2.4 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) ..............SW 133.2 lbs / GW 127.0 lbs / CW 133.6 lbs / PROGRESS +0.4 lb