treadmill vs elliptical

Options
2»

Replies

• katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I had been using the treadmill for a long time and tried the elliptical and made it 8 minutes before I had to get off!
    Now I do 30 min. elliptical and then 15 on the treadmill to cool down. My husband does the opposite, go figure!
    I guess each finds their own way, and sometimes their way changes.
  • wantthistowork
    Options
    If you're running on a treadmill why not just go run on the sidewalk?

this is exactly why i've never really gotten into running on a treadmill, i'd much rather run outside if i'm going to do so, so i tend to stick with the elliptical myself.

I know the feeling! Except when I do the treadmill at the gym I am more inclined to finish with weights and core training. When I run outside I come home and fall into the couch!
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The elliptical gives you the low impact advantage. If you're running on a treadmill why not just go run on the sidewalk?

I prefer running outside but I can only do it the days i can get up early while my husband is home ( I have 5 kids) so I do alternate between the elliptical and the treadmill at the gym (childcare)
    To the OP I like both, i feel each one gives me a different workout so I just alternate them or do both in the same workout. I get about the same calorie burn as I do the weight loss mode on the elliptical and I jog/walk on the treadmill.