*You've earned 1,584 extra kilojoules from exercise today ! Do i now eat more to compensate ?????

Options
Hey, i exercise everyday and burnt off all my excess weight YAY !
But now i'm hitting a wall re exercise as i know my body is consuming muscle now. So in combating this have introduced Protein shake etc.

Now my question is: As i record my running using the website as well as my diet, should i eat more foods to get this energy back ? A part of me while i was loosing the weight was saying NO ! (which worked) but now my body is telling me YES i need that extra KJ back now as food so i can can perform the next day and still keep loosing some weight.

My frame is 82kg 102chest , 78waist , 102hips

Thanks in advance

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you're female and 82kg your body still has a fair amount of fat to go at, unless you're very tall?

that being said, you should always fuel your body properly to get the best out of exercise.

if you use MFP numbers, yes, eat back your exercise cals.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Your body is being sensible. When you're eating back that many calories, macros as a percent of the total doesn't work. Figure your protein and fat based on weight, and eat the remainder as carbs. If this is a ridiculous number, chances are you're doing it right.
  • jedi0nova
    jedi0nova Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sorry yes, i'm 182cm tall and female, so quite tall i guess
  • jedi0nova
    jedi0nova Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, ok so basically eat back my usage.

I'm currently waiting on some operations which will render me pretty useless for up to 14months in the arms dept (cubital tunnel), so getting into shape while i can .

The wall i hit re energy was a massive one, i was going great guns for weeks, then WHAM.... adding the protein shakes really helped but i was still not allowing for the KJ earnt in exercise, so no wonder i was umm rather flat but the weight loss was FANTASTIC until that wall was hit ! after that every day was an epic struggle.
    I'll add a few more KJ in foods etc in the future and listen to my body more, if i'm feeling energetic and still not fulfilling my used/allowed KJ quota then i'm still loosing weight at a reasonable pace i guess... Only time will tell.

ATM, my weight loss has slowed down but my body has toned up, back up to somewhere where i was over 5 years ago.

Thank you !
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    corgicake wrote: »
    Your body is being sensible. When you're eating back that many calories, macros as a percent of the total doesn't work. Figure your protein and fat based on weight, and eat the remainder as carbs. If this is a ridiculous number, chances are you're doing it right.

A kilojoule is about 1/4 of a calorie so the OP earned around 400 calories from exercise. Based on this the macros as a % of total isn't bad.