Fastest time yet

Options
I've been walking at a local park about 3 - 5 days a week for a couple of months. The path I take is a little over a mile. At first I would huff and puff through the whole thing and take 2 - 3 breaks, and it would take 30+ minutes. Now I can walk through it without taking any breaks. Today I had my best time yet, 22 minutes. I know that may still sound pathetic, but I feel good about it. My next step is to go up to two miles.

Replies

• KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Well done! It doesn't sound pathetic at all. Just look at how much easier you are finding it now. Congratulations, I wish you all the best.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! I totally was at that same place. Now I can walk 2 miles regularly and I even did my first 5k walking a couple of weeks ago.

Its not pathetic its amazing and I know it feels good.

Good on you!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great job! I started walking about 4 months ago and it took a while to build up and improve time. It amazes me now how far I can walk without getting winded. Keep it going and do not compare yourself to anyone! Remember this journey is for you!
  • 76thrasher
    76thrasher Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done-keep it up!
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    8 minutes off your time is awesome progress WTG! Do you walk alone? I definitely walk faster with a partner. I tend to meander by myself :D
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I do walk alone. Sadly, I don't actually know anyone around here.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that I do my close by walking routes much quicker now. I'm both fitter and lighter. It feels great doesn't it!
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Keep working hard and you'll be surprised of the things your body can do...Consistency is the key...
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nothing pathetic about it. Everyone is different and has different measures of success. Good job.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    NICE!!!
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I walk alone also and tend to get distracted....lol.
    I downloaded map my walk app...and it has these small challenges on there that you can join. That helped me a bit, knowing what place I was in with thousands of other people. My go was to at least be half of the members that joined the challenge.
    Good luck, wish you the best.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!