KiwiLifter Posts: 115 Member
    My pals mums dog is called Haggis, I think it's funny but also I like it :D

Scottish Terrier? haha
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Marshmallow the bunny :)
  • knelson095
    knelson095 Posts: 254 Member
    My parents have two cats, Harold and Walter.
    Not that funny, but I like when pets have old man names. They also have a Kozmo and a Jabby, short for Jabber Jaws because he never shuts the hell up. We also had one named Orville when I was a kid.
    My cat's named Doey, and my dogs are Moose and Muffin, ya know, cuz if you give a moose a muffin...

Also, every goldfish I ever had was named Charlie. There were many.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    My cat's name is Grace. Which is fine, except that she's called grace because she doesn't have any. When she was a kitten she went to run up the floating stairs, her front half made it and her back half didn't and she completely flipped and landed on her back. I said "Wow.. graceful" and she's been Grace ever since.

My other cat is Monster. People think it's mean. Then they spend 5 minutes with her, end up bleeding, and completely understand.
  • Pow377
    Pow377 Posts: 73 Member
    I have a snake called Nibbles, another called slithers. Those are probably the best of the names others are like Norman, Peter etc.
  • Mandygring
    Mandygring Posts: 704 Member
    I had 2 bunnies once named Snoopy and Woodstock
  • Vjesticica
    Vjesticica Posts: 13 Member
    Our pets were lucky that we kept the names they were adopted with, but some have nicknames.
    I call my oldest dog my love, so much that people used to think that was his name and I was some sort of hippy.
    The big black cat is Tall, Dark and Handsome, because he just is. If he were a guy, no one would even know George Clooney's name. :smiley:

Our last two cats were found on a Saturday night, so we named them Mai and Tai, like the cocktail. :smiley:
  • missourinurse
    missourinurse Posts: 51 Member
    I have an African Grey Parrot named, Piccolo. My son has to Pugs named, Frank & Beanz. LOL
  • Thisnameischosen_
    Thisnameischosen_ Posts: 619 Member
    edited September 2016
    I had two black cats who were brothers and I called them abra and cadabra.
    I also used to have a ferret called tippex, because he was all white.
    The cat I have now is called batcat.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Over the years we've had, amongst other pets: A dog called Tuppence(his mum was called Penny), a rat called Sensei, a goldfish(who later turned silver after I almost boiled him-an accident!) called Paul. Nothing overly strange.
  • My corgis full name is PopcornHamChurro, but we only use that name when he is in trouble (which is frequently). Otherwise it's shortened to 'Hammie'.
  • Icheatonmywife
    Icheatonmywife Posts: 132 Member
    My big boy is Moto. or MotoMoto... from the kids move lol.. most of the time its Damn it... Damn it why did you eat the door, Damn it, why is the dry wall eaten.. lol 86bb8zdehnpn.jpg
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    We had a dog named "Pat". When he passed, we had a taxidermist make him into a rug and renamed him "mat(t)".
  • camoballerina91
    camoballerina91 Posts: 257 Member
    I have four cats with kind of weird/funny/off the wall names: Pig (named after the cat from Home), her sister Kitten (I mistakenly let my husband name her), their mother Tigger (like from Winnie the Pooh), and her mother Mouse (like the door mouse from Alice in Wonder land).
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Our dogs are Chloe and Henry. When we rescued Henry, his name was Mochi, which I thought was dumb.

I had a friend with a dog named Bummer.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    knelson095 wrote: »
    My parents have two cats, Harold and Walter.
    Not that funny, but I like when pets have old man names. They also have a Kozmo and a Jabby, short for Jabber Jaws because he never shuts the hell up. We also had one named Orville when I was a kid.
    My cat's named Doey, and my dogs are Moose and Muffin, ya know, cuz if you give a moose a muffin...

Also, every goldfish I ever had was named Charlie. There were many.

Our three male cats have old man names - Gus, Barney and Virgil. The girls have what I like to think of as roller derby names - Stella, Trixie and Lola.
  • emhindman
    emhindman Posts: 2 Member
    My mom's chiweenies are Taco and Bean Dip. My daughter's 2 fan tail fish are Twilight and Pushy. My son's 2 fan tail goldfish are Pushy and Cutie (he's orange and my son loves Cuties - tangerines). Why Pushy - because they push around the rocks on the bottom of the tank. :neutral:
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    In 1970s our son named his goldfish Josie Whales