Think Thin Bars

Options
Are these really nutritious? I keep hearing about these protein bars.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Well, they contain nutrients, so yes?

If you're wondering if they fit into your daily plan and help you hit your goals, why don't you try pre-logging a typical day and subbing it in for one of your typical snacks/foods?
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I would read the labels and see if it has what you are looking for to complete your diet of any deficiencies you might have. There is a very good chance they will at the very least make you fart a lot if you don't already because of the type of sugar substitoot they use.
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    They're no good, IMO. If the calories and/or macros fit your goal, go for it.

But there are better tasting bars out there
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I eat the Chocolate Brownie one with 20g of protein every now and then if I am short on my protein macro or need something portable.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    They make me bloated personally and are pretty high cal for what they are.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    The ingredients list is less than ideal IMO. I wouldn't eat it, but I prefer things with whole ingredients. There are definitely better bars out there.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I am not an advocate of protein bars or energy bars like Clif, Kind, Kashi, etc. I often times call them “candy bars on steroids”!

Most are loaded with artificial ingredients and sugars.

However, I did happen to find a brand of bars that definitely passes a high standard of nutrition! I researched and I tasted and I would recommend this for a snack on the go, a quick fuel before a work out or in-between workouts, an evening snack to beat those cravings and it’s portable, easy to eat on those road trips, hikes, bike rides, etc.

It is called: SimplyProtein Bar. They have protein bars, protein chips, protein crunch (like granola), and SimplyNourish Bars for sensitive stomachs. They also offer SimplyProtein bars for children.

The bars, chips and crunch are non-GMO, Gluten Free, Certified Low GI (diabetes friendly), Certified Kosher, Certified with adequate Iron and Vegan.

The bars contain 140 to 150 calories in one bar. 15g of protein, 7g of fiber and only 1g of natural sugar.

There are only 10 (clean) ingredients in their bars and are all natural, nothing artificial, no fake sugar.

The digestive bars are impressive. Designed similar to above, they are also suitable for those with Chron’s, IBS and Colitis – Containing NO fructose, lactose, sugar alc., inulin, soy, wheat or dairy.

Here is a link to the website: http://simplyprotein.com/
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I am not an advocate of protein bars or energy bars like Clif, Kind, Kashi, etc. I often times call them “candy bars on steroids”!

Most are loaded with artificial ingredients and sugars.

However, I did happen to find a brand of bars that definitely passes a high standard of nutrition! I researched and I tasted and I would recommend this for a snack on the go, a quick fuel before a work out or in-between workouts, an evening snack to beat those cravings and it’s portable, easy to eat on those road trips, hikes, bike rides, etc.

It is called: SimplyProtein Bar. They have protein bars, protein chips, protein crunch (like granola), and SimplyNourish Bars for sensitive stomachs. They also offer SimplyProtein bars for children.

The bars, chips and crunch are non-GMO, Gluten Free, Certified Low GI (diabetes friendly), Certified Kosher, Certified with adequate Iron and Vegan.

The bars contain 140 to 150 calories in one bar. 15g of protein, 7g of fiber and only 1g of natural sugar.

There are only 10 (clean) ingredients in their bars and are all natural, nothing artificial, no fake sugar.

The digestive bars are impressive. Designed similar to above, they are also suitable for those with Chron’s, IBS and Colitis – Containing NO fructose, lactose, sugar alc., inulin, soy, wheat or dairy.

Here is a link to the website: http://simplyprotein.com/

Why are you copy and pasting this in several threads?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    The one I tasted was AWFUL!! Like totally disgusting. But if they fit your calories and goals and you like them then go for it.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    It's Crohn's not Chron's plus it isn't really suitable for Crohn's or UC since it has a fair amount of fiber and a fair never of us are on low fiber/residue diets
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Why are you copy and pasting this in several threads?

Because he works for them?