My cholesterol results

Options
So I recently went in for some blood work and just got my results back. I think overall it's good but seems like my LDL is on the high end but I eat only cooked meals and maybe once or twice a month of eating out at a restaurant and that's usually consisted of fish. What is your guys take on my results? Any feed back is welcome!

Here are my results:
Total cholesterol: 178
HDL: 53
LDL: 111
Triglyceride: 71
Glucose: 96

Just as additional info I do go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do cardio twos days in between. And I do hit my daily vege and fruit consumption with ease everyday.

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,986 Member
    Options
    Have you ever had your cholesterol checked before? How do these numbers compare to your previous results?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    That LDL would not generally be considered high for an otherwise healthy person. That's a good reading.

https://medlineplus.gov/magazine/issues/summer12/articles/summer12pg6-7.html
  • scooter5106
    scooter5106 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ldl to hdl ratio is usually a good indicator. You want it less than 3.5, which yours is. Excercising and drinking a beer/glass of wine can improve your HDL. An HDL above 60 is cardio protective for a woman, and above 50 for a man. Overall your numbers look fine.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    LDL has very little correlation with heart disease risk. High HDL and low triglycerides are what you want to see. Yours are both good.
  • x311sublimex
    x311sublimex Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well good to see. I know my LDL results were tad bit higher than what I read online which is at 100 or less. Glad everything else looks good.
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Very good.