Starting over and looking for support.

Options
Hello everyone! I'm a 34 year old mother of 3 and I'm looking for other women to help support and motivate me. I need to lose a large amount but my immediate goal is 30 pounds by Christmas.

Ladies only please. Just looking for people with similar goals or who feel they can offer positive support!

Can't wait to get to know you!

-Tausha

Replies

• xoxojaaae
    xoxojaaae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Kind of in the same boat. My goal is to get lean, having trouble doing so ):
  • fuzz82
    fuzz82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Am also 34, mother of 2 looking for accountability buddies
  • smilingforsarah
    Options
    What are you ladies doing to jumpstart? WE GOT THIS!!
  • hopejaye75
    hopejaye75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm a 40 year old mom of one and could always use support feel free to add me ..
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and mum to 5 I have lost 21lb in 3 months good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • lisalifestyle
    lisalifestyle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Get I am the senior participant here, 60 and starting again. Gets harder to lose as you get older. Fitness Pal has worked for me in the past. Food diaries are very important. They keep you on track. I am starting with making sure I eat within the first hour of waking ... very important to get the metabolism going for the day according to the weight loss clinic I attend ...
  • Justforme160yee
    Justforme160yee Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Also in the same boat. Much more than 30lbs that need to be lost for me though. Going for 60. Woot woot we can do this!
  • p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Also in the same boat. Much more than 30lbs that need to be lost for me though. Going for 60. Woot woot we can do this!

Don't worry i still have 35-42lb to go but we will get there!
  • Littlemissyfit
    Littlemissyfit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Melissa. 36 year old mother of three. In the last year I've lost 51 lbs. I can help support you and can try to offer advice. Add me!
  • Karissa_K79
    Karissa_K79 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a single mother of two boys. Please feel free to add me. ☺️
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm back at it too! Lost 25 lbs early this year and regained 15 of it back since June. I need support as well.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm 36yrs old and mother of three all under 6yrs old. I recently over the weekend kinda lost my motivation and am looking to regain it! I want to lose 20 pounds, no goal date, just ASAP. After 20 pounds I'll reevaluate how much I have left to lose. I'm gonna add everyone as friends.. I need and can give lots of support! We can do this girls!
  • bess5538
    bess5538 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Single mom mother of 3 looking for support as well! This will be my second time around losing a lot of weight. I love about 100 lbs back in 2008-2009 and gained it back with my last pregnancy. I'd love to be your buddy. Good luck to you!!
  • bess5538
    bess5538 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you add others as friends on here?
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    bess5538 wrote: »
    How do you add others as friends on here?

Go to friend section and look for a plus sign or invite friends
  • butterfly1430
    butterfly1430 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and mother of 3 also. Add me. Team work.
  • Charlenelindsay5
    Charlenelindsay5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, mom to 5 and step mom to 2. I'd love to shoot for a 50lb loss but am aiming for 30 lbs at this time. Please feel free to add me :)
  • bugsypemberton
    bugsypemberton Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    NewMeBy33 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm a 34 year old mother of 3 and I'm looking for other women to help support and motivate me. I need to lose a large amount but my immediate goal is 30 pounds by Christmas.

Ladies only please. Just looking for people with similar goals or who feel they can offer positive support!

Can't wait to get to know you!

-Tausha

Hello there Tausha. I am doing the same thing. Unfortunately some people on here got their knickers in a knot because, well, I had the audacity to type more than a paragraph as well as being very personal about my need for support.

So here I am! I'll support ya! Mostly because you're asking and I think that's the best start!

Like you, I've had to restart. I ended up deleting my older account and restarting for true. The death of my dog, the breaking of a foot, the inability to go anywhere and do anything and well, depression set in. So I gained back weight and simply set aside counting calories and not caring what went in my pie hole.

You've got the blessing of being young with elastic skin. At my age, well, you lose weight but you end up with a gelatinous mass following your every move! Skin isn't so elastic at 61.

Maybe that will motivate you? Say to yourself: I don't want to look like her (me) when I lose my weight so I'll do it now before my elastin gets shot!

Seriously the best thing is realizing you have to restart. Then doing it! Congrats on that and as a fellow restarter I'm in your corner!
  • HOOP10AZ
    HOOP10AZ Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey there Lady add me I have lost 65lbs in a year, but I lift weights so there is a muscle trade off. Feel free to message me as well. There is another site call MYBODYSPACE app that you can find Fitness women to help you out too! I am hoop10az and I have a fitbit too! bodybuilding.com is not just for hardcore muscle meatheads. Think of it like social media for fitness minded and there are a lot of women of all different fitness levels! Good Luck lady and any one else who need help I am always here! I am pretty good with Macros and nutritional ideas if you need help!I don't buy into COOKIE Cutters for anyone! We all have our own Da Vinci Code! Meal prep for anyone will be the key!
  • bugsypemberton
    bugsypemberton Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh, for the record, I am a Mom of five, grandmother to 9, and great grandmother to 1.5.