Getting Started

Options
LemeursKind
LemeursKind Posts: 16 Member
edited September 2016 in Getting Started
Hi there,

I decided that Sept 1st will be my lifestyle change start date :#
Who else is starting their weight loss journey today? I have 94 pounds I need to drop and it feels like I just took the first step in climbing Mt Everest!

Replies

• activeadriana
    activeadriana Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am starting fresh again today as well. Actually I read September 1 is a great time for new beginnings- even better than New Years is. I wish you well!

I have 100lbs to lose. I'm going to add you.
  • LemeursKind
    Options
    Hi! I am starting fresh again today as well. Actually I read September 1 is a great time for new beginnings- even better than New Years is. I wish you well!

I have 100lbs to lose. I'm going to add you.

Thank you! And thank you for adding me!
    Good luck with your journey, it definitely helps to have someone when the going gets tough :)
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    What are you planning and willing to do to lose your 100lbs? What's the game plan?
  • LemeursKind
    Options
    50extra wrote: »
    What are you planning and willing to do to lose your 100lbs? What's the game plan?

That's the ultimate question, isn't it? At the moment I'm logging what I eat into MyFitnessPal daily and taking in calories according to MFP's recommended daily calorie intake. The goal I set was to lose 2 lbs per week for the first 10-30 lbs, after that I'll re-evaluate and go down to 1.5 and then to 1 lbs per week until I reach my goal. I currently workout one hour three times a week. I do 2 zumba classes and 1 yoga class a week, and apart from that I try to move regularly as I'm stuck at a desk job for the time being. My ultimate goal is to get up to 5-7 one hour workouts per day.

Any suggestions?

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    No suggestions just a huge congrats. You have a game plan and that's more than the vast majority of people who start here.

I guess if I were to give advice it's weigh your food very accurately and only eat back half of exercise calories.

Other than that you seem to have a great plan.
  • sandit60
    sandit60 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 pounds!! I am tired of carrying my weight around, especially in my stomach area. It is killing my back and my knees. I consider myself to be active but it is crushing my joints. So, I have attempted to do this in the past, God knows how many times, but I believe I can do this. I am searching out no sodium, high protein, low carb foods. I just noted that two white castles with cheese are 1,000 milligrams of sodium and are 360 calories. LORD! I buy these frozen. No more of that noise. I figured two would be harmless! HA! Thank God for this site!! I need all the support I can get folks. Please include me as I will you!
  • Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Don't go too crazy in the beginning. Deprivation is a sure way to fail. Stick to your calories. Move. Find what works for you & then stick to that. Although I go over my calories more often then I get under 1200, my nutrition has improved tremendously.

A true lifestyle change is about baby steps. You didn't add those unwanted pounds overnight; you aren't going to lose them quickly either.

Good for you for taking those 1st steps.
  • LemeursKind
    edited September 2016
    Options
    sandit60 wrote: »
    I need to lose 100 pounds!! I am tired of carrying my weight around, especially in my stomach area. It is killing my back and my knees. I consider myself to be active but it is crushing my joints. So, I have attempted to do this in the past, God knows how many times, but I believe I can do this. I am searching out no sodium, high protein, low carb foods. I just noted that two white castles with cheese are 1,000 milligrams of sodium and are 360 calories. LORD! I buy these frozen. No more of that noise. I figured two would be harmless! HA! Thank God for this site!! I need all the support I can get folks. Please include me as I will you!

I have to agree with Trish1c, cutting out doesn't work. I haven't altered my diet, I am just cutting down on calories and making "smarter" choices at the moment, plus exercising and moving more. I've seen that I get better results if I don't drastically change my diet overnight, but slowly transition over to healthier choices. You can add me as a friend and we can do this together!! A hundred pounds sound like a lot but it comes off pretty quickly if you just stick to the recommended daily calories :)