Lunch Meat!?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is why I ignore fear mongering online. I will continue to enjoy my boars head lunch meat. If you spend enough time online every single thing you could possibly eat or drink will have something saying how it will kill you.

You're right! But with everything comes research, which brings up most of this BS. I think I'll continue to enjoy it, and just watch my calories, and go for the more 'natural' ones I can!
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I roast and slice meat for my sandwich loving husband, but he has hypertension and has been told to reduce his sodium intake.

It takes a little more time but the taste really is SO much better. There is a lot of correlation between processed meats and disease. Correlation doesn't prove causation, but it certainly doesn't disprove it either. I do try to limit the amount of processed meat I eat so I never buy processed lunch meats because I'd rather have sausage. :)

Thanks! Def going to pickup up extra chicken breasts and turkey legs or something to slice for the week! I bet it's a bit tastier :wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    dpaden25 wrote: »
    This is why I ignore fear mongering online. I will continue to enjoy my boars head lunch meat. If you spend enough time online every single thing you could possibly eat or drink will have something saying how it will kill you.

You're right! But with everything comes research, which brings up most of this BS. I think I'll continue to enjoy it, and just watch my calories, and go for the more 'natural' ones I can!

Read the actual research, not the article that is sensationalizing the research and blowing things out of proportion to get clicks...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    dpaden25 wrote: »

Read the actual research, not the article that is sensationalizing the research and blowing things out of proportion to get clicks...

Exactly. The 1% increase of colorectal with DAILY consumption of processed meats is not significant but the articles make it sound like omg you'll get cancer from eating bacon.