Insanity

Options

Replies

• DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are about to start Insanity together, just waiting on the package to come in the mail! Feel free to add me :)
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Invite sent
  • 50extra
    Options
    Last night was day 6 and the Plyometric cardio circuit. It was honestly harder this time around then the first time. The reason is this time I was able to complete many more of the exercises and it was much harder on my body. So it is a win/lose situation, the better I get at it the more I have to do. I feel great now though and my legs are feeling much better with only minimal soreness.

I am supposed to have a rest day tonight but will not be taking it. I will start into day 8 tonight. I have a celebration to go to this Sunday, by not taking the rest day it allows me to miss Cardio Recovery rather than Plyometric Cardio Circuit.

Bring on week 2!
  • 50extra
    Options
    Oh yeah, and I realized last night I didn't bring in the Cardio abs workout so I'm going to have to substitute Insane Abs :(
  • torrielewis1991
    torrielewis1991 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with week 2 and have already lost an inch off my lower belly, I love the work out most sweating I've ever done
  • ericar21
    ericar21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i am currently switching between insanity and insanity max 30. 2 fav workouts!
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Insanity and Max 30 veteran. Shaun T is the man.

After you finish these try The Asylum 1 and 2. Absolutely ruthless. I noticed Shaun T yells at me a lot more in this program.

I'm currently doing a hybrid of Asylum 1 and 2 and the original Insanity, wrapped around traditional strength training days. To complete it all will take about 4 months...

Good luck!
  • Liz890
    Liz890 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity also. I'm just finishing up week 2. I believe their is an abs DVD on the schedule for tonight. I have a feeling this will be a painful workout for me!

Has anyone tried Shakeology? Beachbody is always promoting it but ... i'm cheap lol
  • 50extra
    Options
    I had Cardio Power and resistance last night and man I am feeling it today. Great workout and left me in a puddle of sweat but my back is feeling it and my legs as well. Tonight is pure cardio :smiley:

@Liz890 I have no tried Shakeology and never will. I hate their advertising so much because all of the transformation videos make it sound like its impossible to see results without taking it. They play it off like like its the magic pill to weight loss and its not. Even if it is a really high quality product, I refuse. Also I think its about 4x too much money.

@singletrackmtbr Those workouts are scary to even think about. As far as I am concerned Insanity is ruthless. I am no where near even being able to finish a workout without stopping but then again I still have over 50 days to complete the program.

@torrielewis1991 After week two were you able to see big changes in your fit test?
  • ericar21
    ericar21 Posts: 71 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

yes i have. it tastes amazing. my fav is the vanilla flavor. it tastes like cake batter. the caffe latte is pretty good too! i feel so full after i drink them. there is a 7 day sampler available online at beach body.com
  • fuzzydogpa
    fuzzydogpa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity some and fell off the wagon for some time. But I'm on a new mission to lose body fat and get toned up so I plan on starting it again in the next couple of days. I did find the workouts to kick my butt. The fit test should be renamed to the "lets see how sucky and out of shape you are test" I found the workouts as intense as a Tae Kwon Do advanced belt class and they were great for building my stamina for that. As far as shakeology goes, I thought it tasted terrible. Plus I am on a carb cut ketogenic 1200 calorie a day diet to lose body fat while keeping my hunger away. That is what works for me so I am just doing a vanilla whey protein shake from the NOW brand from my local health food store. It actually tastes really good with a little peanut butter in it, but is very versatile and much less expensive than the shakeology.
  • 50extra
    Options
    @fuzzydogpa Glad to hear that you are starting it again and I look forward to hearing how it goes this time around. For me the first fit test should have been called the "I'm going to destroy your legs and make you walk funny for four days" test.

I buy my protein powder from Costco and its cheap. I don't drink a whole bunch of it these days but when I do it tastes alright and gives me lots of protein for minimal cost. I understand that Shakeology is a meal replacement and protein powder is not but between my diet, multivitamin, and my greens supplement I don't feel as though I am lacking in the nutrition department.

Truthfully even if I decided that I was going to start drinking my meals I wouldn't buy the Shakeology and its not even because of price. I can't stress enough about how much it bothers me the way that they market it. I can only imagine how many of the obese (like myself) or morbidly obese people have wasted their money thinking that it was a magic pill for weight loss. It bothers me too much.
  • fuzzydogpa
    fuzzydogpa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    @50extra I don't drink the protein shake as a meal replacement either. I do it to supplement my protein intake, since I am trying not to lose any muscle while losing body fat and so it's important to get adequate protein. Also, I choose one that has a complete amino acid profile which is also important to me. At this point my weight is down to 136 lbs but I'm still at 25 % BF and want to cut that to 18% and just be lean and toned. I don't have a specific weight goal in mind. I just want to change my body composition to have a longer / leaner / firmer body. Less flab more fab. I'm 5ft 5. I am doing resistance bands and I have some Tracy Anderson workout videos and the insanity plus I like running. I hope the combo plus my diet will do the job of shredding body fat while retaining my current muscle mass. After I shred then I will decide if I want to add muscle mass or if I like the look of the muscles that I have once I lose the fat and can achieve some definition. I have been watching my calories closely now for about 4 or 5 days and have cut my carbs very low and have finally hit deep ketosis for about 2 days now the weight is now coming off. I have only lost a few lbs on the scale but I can see that I am slimming quite a bit and my clothes are getting looser which hopefully means I am only losing bodyfat. It weighs a lot less than muscle so I don't really go by the scale. I use a tight article of clothing and keep trying it on to see if it's getting looser.
  • torrielewis1991
    Options
    I use lean 25 at gnc for protien I use banana a DNA chocolate and mix the 2 it's pretty yummy, shakeology is to expensive and sounds nasty
  • torrielewis1991
    Options
    Yes I have seen a change also I'm lost an inch off my lower belly so far, I also started a high protien and fiber diet to aid in weight loss
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did one insanity workout and strained my ankles so badly that I could barely walk for 2 weeks!
  • 50extra
    Options
    aliblain wrote: »
    I did one insanity workout and strained my ankles so badly that I could barely walk for 2 weeks!

Yeah it really is insane. The jumps just kill me but I'm still fairly large so I am hoping they get easier over time. Shawn T has this nasty little habit of making you do globe jumps at the end of the workout. Noooo can't do them at the start before my legs are jelly and when I can still breath, he always waits until the end.

Last night was pure cardio again and I still believe that it is my favorite workout. I will be perfectly honest and say that after the first round of pushups I drop to my knees and do bent ones. I'm sure I would catch some serious flak from my buddies if they ever seen me doing pushups on my knees. I feel its better to get some done then to do nothing at all so that's what I am sticking too until my shoulders can take more than 20 regular ones.

I'm going onto day 10 tonight. I didn't take measurements but my core definitely feels like its tightening up a little bit. The scale is showing me around a 3 pound loss since I started so I am happy with that as it's right on track for my goals.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you make a nice progress, 3 lbs and feeling you core tightening up in 10 days is a big deal!! Keep up the good work and don't worry about bent knee pushups. Do what you must to strengthen up and later on you won't need to modify. :smile:
  • 50extra
    Options
    The three pounds are pretty much right on schedule. I eat at a 2lb a week deficit so basically I am just working out so that I can eat more. Truthfully I thought with as hard as these workouts are and as much as I sweat doing them that I would be dropping weight much faster than I am. I'll take it though, 2 pounds down is better than having my weight move the other way.
  • Liz890
    Liz890 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    3lbs down in 10 days is great! I am noticing more changes in inches lost rather then on the scale. I'm thinking month 2 is when we will start to see bigger results. I also drop to my knees for push ups as needed.

I wasn't super impressed with the abs dvd. I must have my form incorrect because I mostly felt pain in my lower back... not my stomach. I might switch it out for the p90X abs dvd which i like alot more,