Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

UK Girl here! Time to lose those lbs!

Milziemooxx
Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
edited August 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone :blush:

I'm Emily. I have been on MFP for a number of years on and off and I am starting over AGAIN!!

I live in Gravesend in Kent - United Kingdom.

I have been a yo-yo dieter for so many years and I am now at my heaviest weight. I am feeling very low and my confidence has dropped dramatically. I lost around 3 stone about 5 years ago and even then I thought I was fat... I would give anything to be back to that weight again - oh the irony!

I work in an office, 9-5 kind of job so it is hard to be motivated to get active. I have had many gym memberships but always end up becoming unmotivated and cancel my membership. I do not like the gym, it is just not for me. However I would like to start exercising at home and would like to start walking/jogging. Any good exercise tips are welcome!

I would like to meet like minded people who can support me along the way and I will share my support and encouragement back :smile:

Look forward to making new friends and fighting this flabby tummy once and for all!

Em xx

Replies

• Itisibigj39
    Itisibigj39 Posts: 200 Member
    Hi there, always happy to add fellow Brits :)
  • walkermichaelg
    walkermichaelg Posts: 98 Member
    Hi, I'm relatively new, feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • chrisg676
    chrisg676 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello Emily. I've been on MFP for 2 years and not known there was a community here!! Anyway, MFP, Strava and Under Armour Record have all helped me lose 2.5st. Although buying a bike and a a Tapout XT box set has contributed, nonetheless, it has been noticed by many friends that I have lost weight. So my advice: buy a road bike and a dvd box set of HIIT.
  • loobe1066
    loobe1066 Posts: 206 Member
    Friend request sent
  • Hellooo! I just realised there was a community on here xD I'm from London and a student, any encouragement and motivation or listening to each others stories or sharing tips etc. Would be a welcome topic of conversation (: feel free to add me guys!