Insanity

Options

Replies

• 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Liz890 I left the DVDs at home when I came here so I don't have the regular abs video and will have to switch it out for Insane abs. As for the P90X Ab Ripper X video... That was my introduction to Beachbody. I worked with another big guy and he lost a bunch of weight with it so I figured I would do it too. I ordered the set and when I arrived I threw in Ab Ripper with my wife (then girlfriend) and tried it. I think i quit after some weird bicycle kick things which was at about the 5 minute mark. I literally couldn't stand up straight for four or five days. That was about 8 years ago now and I still haven't done a P90X video.
  • Liz890
    Liz890 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tony Horton is my fav Beachbody trainer. I have P90X and P90X3. I was feeling like Shaun T's ab dvd had some weird moves in it. If I switch out Shaun T's ab dvd to Ab Ripper X then i'll get in my Tony fix and feel like I'm getting in a good workout.

My week 2 fit test results are in! I'm up 9 switch kicks, 12 power jacks, 11 power knees, 1 power jump (I really hate those), no improvements with the globe jumps (I was really getting tired at this point), up 1 suicide jump, 3 push up jack and 4 plank oblique. :)
  • Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about starting insanity on Monday with the fit test
  • 50extra
    Options
    Liz890 wrote: »
    Tony Horton is my fav Beachbody trainer. I have P90X and P90X3. I was feeling like Shaun T's ab dvd had some weird moves in it. If I switch out Shaun T's ab dvd to Ab Ripper X then i'll get in my Tony fix and feel like I'm getting in a good workout.

My week 2 fit test results are in! I'm up 9 switch kicks, 12 power jacks, 11 power knees, 1 power jump (I really hate those), no improvements with the globe jumps (I was really getting tired at this point), up 1 suicide jump, 3 push up jack and 4 plank oblique. :)

Great work Liz! I am terrible at power jumps and globe jumps. Too much weight to constantly thrust into the air at this point. I'm also impressed with the increase in the pushup jacks, I struggled on them the first time.

My week 2 fit test is on Thursday, I will be pretty upset if I don't post better numbers across the board.

@aengelbrekston I would highly recommend starting it. I don't know what kind of shape you are in but I will give you my experience. It's not to scare you, its to get you prepared. Day one is almost demoralizing, it showed me how out of shape I am. I was sore for like 4 days after it but I still pressed through my workouts. I'm only half way through week two now and am super happy that I did because when I wake up now I'm not even sore. After the 10 days that I have been doing this I can already say that this has been the best decision fitness wise that I have made since I started my journey in January.
  • 50extra
    Options
    I guess I should add. I did the Plyometric Cardio circuit last night and I'm not too sure if I am happy with the amount of effort I put in. Each of the 30 second breaks I quickly went to the kitchen to tend to my food and I because of this I wasn't able to get my head in the game. I was again completely drenched in sweat so I know that I was working hard but I think I did better with it last week.

Today/tonight is a cheat day for me which doesn't make me happy. We have a huge celebration with a big BBQ and copious amounts of booze. I know I could just pass on the beer and BBQ but this is the Oilman's day celebration and is the only work function I go to in the year. I am going home an hour early to get my Cardio Recovery disc done though.
  • 50extra
    Options
    Didn't do the cardio recovery last night, instead I threw on the T25 Alpha Cardio. I'm glad I made that decision because now tonight I have a nice easy workout to do. After that party last night, I don't feel like doing anything today.
  • Liz890
    Liz890 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have never tried T25. Its a Shaun T workout? Any good?

I did cardio recovery tonight. I still can't hold those squats and lunges as long as they do in the dvd but i think i am getting closer!
  • 50extra
    Options
    @liz890 Yes its another one by him but the workouts are only 25 minutes long. Yes it's good but the intensity is no where near what Insanity is, even in the first month. It's still a nice program though. I can do the majority of the holds in the recovery program but the pulses are a no go for me. I just do more reps of squats and lunges when they pulse.

I'm still trucking along with my workouts, last night was Cardio Power and Resistance. I did alright in the workout but was pretty beat during the last few sets. I have made really terrible food choices for the last three days in a row and look to have erased the weight losses that I had coming into this week. Because of that, after my Insanity workout last night I did T25 Speed 1.0 to sweat out a little bit more.

Tonight is Pure Cardio and Insane Abs, I have been fearing doing this workout since I first looked at the schedule. As mentioned before I didn't bring the Cardio Abs workout so I have to substitute it for the Insane Abs. My midsection is the part of me that I need the biggest change too and I know I am going to be a hurting unit for days after it. Really have no idea how I am supposed to do a fit test two days after the abs video but I will try my best.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    50extra wrote: »
    Because of that, after my Insanity workout last night I did T25 Speed 1.0 to sweat out a little bit more.

You had energy to do Speed 1.0 after an insanity workout? Wow you are really killing it! Keep going!

I did Speed 1.0 this morning (week 2 day 3 of T25) and so far it's my favorite T25 workout. I sweat like hell throughout but it's totally worth it. :smile:

• Sandysphat
    Sandysphat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I did insanity the 1 half, the part 2
  • Sandysphat
    Options
    The diamond jumps killed me, but back than I was still eating and drinking bad. Then we started T25, and eating good drinking ( water )
  • Sandysphat
    Options
    Will try insanity after gamma, should be in great shape , I hope
  • mcbluesky
    mcbluesky Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Started Insanity this week. Day 3 completed this morning. Wow. What a workout. What I like the most is that I am able to do the moves. While difficult and challenging, nothing so complex that I cannot get through. Started, but did not complete P90X and Tapout XT earlier this year. Loved both programs, but there were typically a couple of moves in each workout that I frankly could not do, (multiple pull ups, crazy MMA ground work, etc.). Giving Insanity my best effort. So far so good. Long way to go.
  • 50extra
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    50extra wrote: »
    Because of that, after my Insanity workout last night I did T25 Speed 1.0 to sweat out a little bit more.

You had energy to do Speed 1.0 after an insanity workout? Wow you are really killing it! Keep going!

I did Speed 1.0 this morning (week 2 day 3 of T25) and so far it's my favorite T25 workout. I sweat like hell throughout but it's totally worth it. :smile:

Yes I was able to get through the 1.0 disc after my Insanity workout. So far while doing Insanity I have done Speed 1.0 and Alpha Cardio and both of them seem like way easier than when I was doing T25 as a program. It's still a great workout and I sweat like crazy as well but because they are so short it makes them feel easier.
    Sandysphat wrote: »
    The diamond jumps killed me, but back than I was still eating and drinking bad. Then we started T25, and eating good drinking ( water )

I have watched one of the workouts that have those diamond jumps but thankfully I don't have to worry about them for another two weeks. My two weakest moves in the workouts so far are the pushups and anything where I am jumping. Ski-downs kill me, power jumps kill me, suicide jumps kill me and globe jumps definitely kill me. Also the bent ab workouts are nearly impossible for me.
    mcbluesky wrote: »
    Started Insanity this week. Day 3 completed this morning. Wow. What a workout. What I like the most is that I am able to do the moves. While difficult and challenging, nothing so complex that I cannot get through. Started, but did not complete P90X and Tapout XT earlier this year. Loved both programs, but there were typically a couple of moves in each workout that I frankly could not do, (multiple pull ups, crazy MMA ground work, etc.). Giving Insanity my best effort. So far so good. Long way to go.

Congrats on starting. If you aren't already completely tight and sore you are miles ahead of where I was when I started. I agree with you that one of the reasons I like the program is because I can do most of the exercises. I might not be able to do them to completion but at least I can do them. So far the level 1 and level 2 drills are killing me. I can do the regular circuit for both like twice and then after that I have to do knee pushups, and soon after that my shoulders are done and I get to watch the machines do them while I sit, pant, and sweat.

Last night for me was the dreaded Pure Cardio with what was supposed to be Cardio Abs. I mentioned it before, but I forgot to bring the Cardio Abs workout and only have Insane Abs. Very similar to T25 Ab Intervals I struggle on most of the workout. Any move where I have to sit on my butt leaned back and then lift my legs shoots pain down my lower back and down my legs. My core isn't strong to begin with but these workouts are terrible for me. I don't know if Cardio Abs is very different from Insane Abs but I am only able to do about 25% of each exercise until I am spent. I am pushing through the pain (not to the point of injury) hoping that the pain is caused by being out of shape and I am hoping it feels better by the end of this.

Tonight is my night off of Insanity and then I kick off tomorrow with my 2nd fitness test. I am really hoping that my core isn't too sore to do the test.
  • rugbyishy
    rugbyishy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did 1 session but it is to intense for bad knee. I do go to a HIIT class 3 times a week where the instructor adjusts the exercise so Im working the same muscles but not impacting so much on the knees.

All the people I know that have done it have said it was awesome and once finished they were looking for another. Good luck with it.
  • MikeKellyBKK
    MikeKellyBKK Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Starting insanity soon. Its brutal but now that I have better fitness after 9 weeks of training for my first DASH Triathlon, I am ready. Its gonna hurt though.
  • vms4evr
    vms4evr Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm on week 8 of Insanity. The good news is the last week's get harder. The time bumps up to an hour. The "max" drills are tough but fun.

I've started on Insanity I and am mixing them now to try a hybrid. It's not bad but kind of crazy. So the names are fitting...

We've done hip hop abs together. She did T25 with me for Alpha and part of Beta and got bored. I finished Gamma and that was tough.

Insanity and Asylum are tough on the knees. He likes plyo and jumping. I'd protect your knees at all costs. If you can't keep up with them don't worry about it. Just keep going.

Good luck!
  • Nena8_8
    Nena8_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with month 2, I have 1 more week to go I've lost 13lbs love it.
  • 50extra
    Options
    @Nena8_8 great work, did you have good losses in the first month as well? Or did you just really start seeing them in the second month?
  • 50extra
    Options
    Ok so I just had my fit test at the beginning of week 3 and am ecstatic with my results.

Type Week 1 Week 3 Change
    Switch Kicks 52 107 +55
    Power Jacks 27 35 +12
    Power Knees 52 65 +13
    Power Jumps 20 25 +5
    Globe Jumps 7 10 +3
    Suicide Jumps 12 15 +3
    Pushup Jacks 15 19 +4
    Low Plank Obliques 30 43 +13

I love this program!