Food Weirdness: What's Yours?

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    I can't eat ham. It's pink and spongey, and closely resembles ... well... erm... the end of men's "bits" to me. I just can't do it.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Pickle brine on toast. Careful though, soggy toast sucks.
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Does anyone do peanut butter on waffles, pancakes or french toast topped with warm syrup? My family does this and until I met my husband everyone thought it was strange it is yummy!! other than that I tend to eat one thing at a time
  • lizhipwell
    lizhipwell Posts: 70
    I can't stand ketchup! My fave way to eat a burger is with red onion and sour cream... and sometimes BBQ sauce and some kind of cheese. I also do not eat American cheese. Bleh!!

I also don't like ketchup!!! When I used to eat fries I always had them bare. For hamburgers I liked mustard (dark or dijon...not the yellow regular stuff! Yuck!) I don't like American Cheese either...like cheddar best!

In terms of eating habits i am super particular about people who talk with their mouth full or chew loudly with their mouths wide open...makes me want to scream...really gets under my skin! I keep that to myself though cuz I don't want someone to feel bad...I have had to look away though...
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Sometimes I freak out and have to have seperate bowls/plates for everything.
    i.e. one plate for the meat, anothe for pasta, another for carrot another for broccoli....you get the idea.
    I've not done this so much since I don't live at home and therefore don't have a dishwasher any more....

I cant stand smooth/blended soup it has to be chunky.

I don't like anything cooked in a microwave, i just don't. I can't explain it - ok?

I hate it when people use salt and pepper at the table, i just don't get it. I find it really strange

I can't prepare a meal / have a meal prepared for me whilst any kind of seafood is being prepared in the same kitchen. I will cook my own meal when the kitchen is free from fish contamination including fresh wash cloth etc

The more i think about it - I'm a bit weird...
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    I really like boiled eggs with applesauce. And air popped popcorn with milk and sugar, like cereal.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    I have to have french fries with my chocolate shake.

But if you put pineapple anywhere near my pizza, I'll shoot you.

Agreed....well said Jeff:flowerforyou:
  • I eat all of one thing on my plate at a time before moving to something different.
    I do that,save my favorite till last!!
    X
  • I eat all of one thing on my plate at a time before moving to something different.
    I do that,save my favorite till last!!
    X
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Does anyone do peanut butter on waffles, pancakes or french toast topped with warm syrup? My family does this and until I met my husband everyone thought it was strange it is yummy!! other than that I tend to eat one thing at a time

Yes! That's considered weird? My mom started when she needed my brother to eat a high calorie breakfast before soccer practice and usually had to run out the door while he was eating. French toast or waffles with peanut butter is portable... and syrup when you can sit down just add to the yummy.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    I like bread with cheese and mustard/ketchup. That's what I would make myself for breakfast at my mom's when I was little.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,493 Member
    I have major texture issues. I cannot eat oranges or drink orange juice if it has the pulp. I literally cannot swallow it my body rejects it.
  • I love BURNT popcorn..
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    I eat all of one thing on my plate at a time before moving to something different.

LOL - I SOOO do that too!

LOL me too!

Thats me!!!! ...and if i eat something that makes crumbs, I lick my finger and pick up the crumbs and eat them. SO weird. But i love the crumbs hah!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    My hubby eats oatmeal raisin cookies with nacho cheese. Ugh.
    His dad eats potato salad with oreos.

I love pickle juice.
    I could eat mustard on anything.
    I don't eat any kind of nuts or jelly/jell-o.
    I'm highly allergic to coconuts.
    I love to drink straight pineapple juice.
    I like mixing my veggies with mashed potatoes.
    I must have picante sauce with biscuits and gravy.
    My hubby thinks it's weird that I love fried bologna sandwiches.
    I love hot sauce on any kind of noodles.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Ketchup on mac and cheese and eggs is NOT weird. It's normal. And that's what I keep telling myself.

I eat ketchup on:

eggs
    Mac & Cheese
    chili
    stew
    grilled cheese sandwiches
    burgers
    dogs
    fries

Best sandwich: peanut butter, ketchup and celery.

I always dipped my steak in it. like your nice ny stip... my dad cringed, because his precious meat was being dipped in ketchup hah!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    - won't touch regular yogurt, but no problem with Greek yogurt
    - love tomatoes....unless they're warm (no spaghetti sauce, no red pizza sauce, no Manhattan clam chowder, no tomatoes on my burgers)
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    I won't put fruit cocktail on a plate ever because the juice taints everything else on the plate. It must be in its own container.

I won't drink milk unless it's freshly poured. It has to be ice freaking cold.

I love the smell of onions, but I don't want any in my food ever.

I eat pickles in cheese together to enhance the flavor of each... I slice my pickles up and slice my cheddar into small cubes, then I eat it pickle-cheese-pickle-cheese until it's gone. I count to make sure I have the same amount of slices of each.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    WOW! I read through every single 'food weirdness'.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE hamburger slice pickles and honey! I used to get a bowl of pickles and pour honey on top and eat with a fork! My husband thought I was crazy but he loves it now too. I can drink pickle juice in small amounts. I try to save the best bites for last. I love making egg sandwiches in the microwave and instead of using butter on the toast, I use peanut butter. Today I also added a slice of cheese for extra calories. I'm sure there are plenty other "weird" things but can't think of any more right now.

My husband eats ketchup on his mac n cheese and I think it's disgusting!

My 4 year old son started out eating ketchup on bread. Then he started adding mustard as well. Then mayo too. Then he would eat ketchup, mustard, & cheese. Yes, I think it's gross, but since he always eats them, I don't complain.

We all LOVE LOVE LOVE cheesburger pizza with pickles, ketchup, and mustard on it (it's sold at a local pizza joint here!)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    My foods cant touch. (and yes it IS different if its MEANT to touch in the recipe like a casserole, but if my foods touch each other or a sauce runs into something else I cant eat the parts that touched)

Peanut Butter on my waffles and pancakes. I hate syrup.

Salads go in a bowl, it bugs me when they are on a plate