Looking for support buddies

Options
Greetings from the USVI!

I am back on the fitness kick. I have hypothyroidism and live in a place with limited food options, factor in that I hate lettuce, and you can understand my trouble. I would love to find people serious about getting in shape and losing weight. I am fabulous at cheering others on (while sabotaging myself).

Naturally, now that I am dead serious about the exercise, we are having lightning, thunder, and flooding until Wednesday (when we will hopefully begin to dry out). Short story long, the ability to walk or swim is unlikely until next week mid-week. Am worried about making it through the weekend with friends and outings (all with food). Alas, my friends are great, but not supportive and everything revolves around food.

Would be pathetically grateful for any support buddy!

Jen

Replies

• deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me! We can all use lots of support!
  • taralou20
    taralou20 Posts: 30
    Options
    Oh my gosh i completely understand where you'recoming from when you say everything revolves around food (and in my case drink as well!) Luckily i got put on tablets not too long ago so i cant drink alcohol now which is just fine by me. My advice would be when you are dining out and there isnt much of a choice, cut your portion size in half and drink loads of water with lemon (it fills you up) or diet pop (no calories).
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Feel free to add me as a friend too :)
  • kbenage
    kbenage Posts: 11
    Options
    I too am a great cheerleader. I have always said that I have enough knowledge to become a nutritionist and a trainer.....I just don't use it. :( Please add me, we can cheer each other on!
  • Dutch806
    Dutch806 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! I hate lettuce also. I just make a vegetable salad without lettuce. It kinda looks like a caprese (sp?) salad. I have raw carrots, celery, tomatoes, etc. in a circle with a little salad dressing in the center. It is really good and has all the fiber and vitamins of a regular salad. Lettuce is over rated.

Feel free to add me. I am a great encourager.:flowerforyou:
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and you are hilarious! Feel free to add me, and good luck.:smile: