apple is what ??????? shocking

Options
cinderella_17
cinderella_17 Posts: 10 Member
I am back on with my foot being in cast and other issues I hate to say it but lost any motivation I keep trying to have ,anyways I was logging in my food and was surprised my small apple was 11 g sugar and my take out med coffee is 13 I never knew this here I am thinking grabbing fruit was better ,years ago I did WW so never thought of there even being cal in fruit ......I am amaze with fruit and maybe eating 10+servings a day not good

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Almost everything has calories so of course fruit has them. Unless you have a medical condition you shouldn't be worried about the amount of sugar you are eating unless it is a massive amount. Calories are king
  • cinderella_17
    cinderella_17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was this surprised as I was doing sugar my food log said I was way in negative for sugar then I notice it was all fruit ,my breakfast at times is 1/2 small watermelon lol,
  • pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I was this surprised as I was doing sugar my food log said I was way in negative for sugar then I notice it was all fruit ,my breakfast at times is 1/2 small watermelon lol,

Sugar is just a form of carbohydrate, essential for our daily nutritional needs. Fruit is good for you. Eat a lot of it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Most food has naturally occurring sugar in it. When your sugar comes as added sugar in processed foods, then you have a bigger problem.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i stopped tracking sugar because i always go over it ...i eat a lot of fruit every day and i love it
  • pdm3547
    Options
    bananas are the worst

No. Just no.
  • pdm3547
    Options
    pdm3547 wrote: »
    bananas are the worst

No. Just no.

wha?????

i love bananas bu can only have the one large one a day sugars like 30! :disappointed:

Well, if anyone else wants to pick this up, feel free. But I'm out :/
  • AveyHam
    AveyHam Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I've said this a million times lol natural sugar doesn't count towards your daily allowance of added sugar. Bananas aren't bad for you. Unfortunately MFP doesn't track natural sugars seperately from processed sugar but you can create a new meal category to log foods containing natural sugars
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Except added sugars are the same chemically as natural sugar... It's sad how the fear mongering the pseudosciencists have created over sugar has people now afraid of eating a banana smh
  • pdm3547
    Options
    Except added sugars are the same chemically as natural sugar... It's sad how the fear mongering the pseudosciencists have created over sugar that people are afraid of eating a banana smh

This ^^
    All day long, this.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the article, but it was presented that you can live without carbs, I. e. They're not essential.
    The reality is that sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from. If you want to limit your sugar intake, then do so for your own reasons. The many medics and scientists here will tell you you don't need to, but they aren't living your life and they don't have your goals.
    I dropped a lot of sugar from my diet. I feel better for it.
    Oh, and just for balance I'm definitely not saying you should drop fruit from your diet. Find what works for you.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    No evil gremlin adds sugar to your apple at the Chinese apple factory before it is spray-painted and glued to the tree in Washington to be picked by Mexican laborers for your delectation. So, enjoy your apple. However, a barista does add sugar to your coffee so that is the kind of sugar you will want to avoid, the added kind.
  • AveyHam
    AveyHam Posts: 70 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I can't remember the article, but it was presented that you can live without carbs, I. e. They're not essential.
    The reality is that sugar is sugar no matter where it comes from. If you want to limit your sugar intake, then do so for your own reasons. The many medics and scientists here will tell you you don't need to, but they aren't living your life and they don't have your goals.
    Oh, and just for balance I'm definitely not saying you should drop fruit from your diet. Find what works for you.

True but fruits aren't just a plain combination of fructose and glucose they contain vitamines, nutrients, fiber and antioxidants which slow down the absorbtion of fructose but yeah moderation is key

• ivanfawcettgibson
    edited September 2016
    Options
    No evil gremlin adds sugar to your apple at the Chinese apple factory before it is spray-painted and glued to the tree in Washington to be picked by Mexican laborers for your delectation. So, enjoy your apple. However, a barista does add sugar to your coffee so that is the kind of sugar you will want to avoid, the added kind.

There really isn't a difference, sugar is sugar.
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    Options
    AveyHam wrote: »

True but fruits aren't just a plain combination of fructose and glucose they contain vitamines, nutrients, fiber and antioxidants which slow down the absorbtion of fructose but yeah moderation is key

I agree.