Low carb recipes

Options
dianedemoss08
dianedemoss08 Posts: 15 Member
Hi!! Anyone doing low carb and have recipe? This is my 4th day. Lost 6 lbs in the 1st 3 days! Pretty excited about that! I'm staying under 20 grams for now.

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has saved my Keto life. For real.
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have a some saved, but they all use carbalose flour or carbquik. They aren't something I would recommend until you've been on the diet a while because they can kick you out of ketosis if you aren't careful.
  • kirby1983
    kirby1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Pinterest Keto search... I just restarted keto last week and I LOVE IT
  • mfr0125
    mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The recipe sounds great! Can't wait to try it.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Now if you look up the recipe for pizza crust with cauliflower you would more than likely get less carbs. Think I'm trying that for supper.
  • rondavis436
    rondavis436 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I would give this website a try. Most of the recipes are pretty easy. I highly recommend the Pizza. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes
  • brookeashmore80
    brookeashmore80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping back onto the Low Carb bandwagon this week. I converted to a low carb lifestyle and lost tons of weight and it was so easy, but after my son was born almost 4 years ago I went back to my old ways. When I did it the first time I lived off of salads and fish...oh and Cauliflower puree or an awesome recipe using smoked sausage and cabbage. I'm actually really excited to do it again. I was never much for Fat bombs...but the coffee with the coconut oil was yummy. Best of luck to everyone on their journeys!
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I second the pinterest suggestion, I made the swiss cheese chicken bake on there and it was FANTASTIC! I've also found recipes on there for biscuits, pancakes, casseroles, you name it. I also love Instagram, I follow a bunch of low carb/keto people on there and see what they make for dinner all the time. It's a great way to share ideas.

As far as websites go, I like ketokarma, ruled.me and Linda's low carb menu.
  • stef_potts
    stef_potts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting can people please add me as a friend as looking for support and people to discuss low carb daily food ideas thanks
  • MonicaRAmbs
    MonicaRAmbs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been in Nutritional Ketosis for some time and originally lost 47 pounds, and here and there I did try the recipes that resemble breads, pancakes, etc. I find even these recipes have too many carbs and either my weight loss stalled or I gained weight. I guess it would depend on how insulin resistant you are and how carbohydrate intolerant you are. My carb tolerance is about 15 - 20 grams maximum, other wise I gain weight. I also make sure that my protein is only 0.6 grams X my weight, which works out to 45 grams of protein a day. Remember if the protein is too high your liver will convert some of that to sugar through gluconeogenesis. And of course the rest of my diet is 80% fat. Eating fatty fish help. You need to trial and error to see what carb tolerance you are. I personally just stick to real food. It does take some experience of trying different recipes to "mix" it up so it's not boring but the effects are astounding. My focus is no longer on carbs or anything that looks like carbs, but on health.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    I have been in Nutritional Ketosis for some time and originally lost 47 pounds, and here and there I did try the recipes that resemble breads, pancakes, etc. I find even these recipes have too many carbs and either my weight loss stalled or I gained weight. I guess it would depend on how insulin resistant you are and how carbohydrate intolerant you are. My carb tolerance is about 15 - 20 grams maximum, other wise I gain weight. I also make sure that my protein is only 0.6 grams X my weight, which works out to 45 grams of protein a day. Remember if the protein is too high your liver will convert some of that to sugar through gluconeogenesis. And of course the rest of my diet is 80% fat. Eating fatty fish help. You need to trial and error to see what carb tolerance you are. I personally just stick to real food. It does take some experience of trying different recipes to "mix" it up so it's not boring but the effects are astounding. My focus is no longer on carbs or anything that looks like carbs, but on health.

Impossible. Unless you are talking about water weight or you have some medical condition or are pregnant, you can only gain with with a surplus of calories. The only relevance with macro split is whether or not you are satiated enough to stay in the calorie balance for the results you are trying to achieve.
  • pinkpashmina44
    pinkpashmina44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm new. What are the best sites for low carb recipes?
  • rondavis436
    rondavis436 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    YouTube is a great source for LCHF recipes. I would suggest Gayle Mcleod, Ketobetic Aline, Doctor Eric Berg (He has some recipes and a lot of useful into), and Cooking Keto with Kristine all their channels have good recipes, info and inspiration. I would also recommend the Diet Doctor web site he has a lot of useful info and recipes. I'm not a member of his web site but his intro video just wants an e-mail address. If you don't want to do that just block and print the recipes. LCHF is not a diet it's life style, and your going to have some things on maintenance that you wont have while your lousing weight. So if your starting out keep and eye out for the carb count.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    A few people have recommended DietDoctor but the first recipe I fancied actually worked out to more than my daily calorie allowance I still have weight to lose so dont want to sabotage
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    A few people have recommended DietDoctor but the first recipe I fancied actually worked out to more than my daily calorie allowance I still have weight to lose so dont want to sabotage

Most low carb recipes are NOT low calorie. In fact, most of the ones I copy have more calories than the regular full sugar version, but they have only a tiny fraction of the carbs and non of the sugar.

Most "low calorie" diet foods are low on fat and stuffed with fiber.
  • andrea4736
    andrea4736 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I've been using this site:

http://www.tasteaholics.com/recipes/

There are low carb options. Or, I take a regular recipe that sounds good and swap out carbs...remove the high carb item and add more chicken for example.
  • AnarchistKitchen
    AnarchistKitchen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    These are all vegan so feel free to consider these low carb side dishes complimentary to your protein.
    https://richbitchcooking.wordpress.com/2016/12/24/4-vegan-low-carb-recipes-lchf/
    wk76uudsx5qa.jpg