Why is it so hard to lose the last 5-6kg. No motivation too really

Options
sareakay
sareakay Posts: 7 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
At 168cm(5'6) tall i weigh about 63kg(139 pounds) and ive kinda lost the motovation in the last month especially. im paleo and still eat healthy but probley consume maintance cals. Is there any suggestions to get back motivation, or any tips that can help weightloss prefereble to lose at 1kg a week still. At around 26% body fat on the dot with 34.5% mass.

Replies

• KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Your biggest problem is still aiming at 1kg a week. With only 5-6kgs left, you really want to be aiming no more than 500g a week. It's slower, but easier to do, so you actually do it instead of procrastinating.
  • kittyy250
    kittyy250 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey i am exactly the same!!
    168cm at 63kg
    I have been trying to lose that last little bit but I agree it's really hard
    No motivation here either!!
  • sareakay
    sareakay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    kittyy250 wrote: »
    Hey i am exactly the same!!
    168cm at 63kg
    I have been trying to lose that last little bit but I agree it's really hard
    No motivation here either!!

How much did you lose already

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The "last" kilos aren't harder, but slower, and you may need to be more accurate, because your deficit is smaller and leaving smaller room for error. You can't expect to lose 1 kg per week when you have a normal weight (as you do). No tips, motivation or suggestions can make you lose fat faster than your body can release it.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • caroannv
    caroannv Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I think there's also that "well, this is good enough" psychological thing going on.... Once you make it to a weight that is in the healthy range, and you stop feeling overweight and feel as though you look better, it's easier to subconsciously stop trying as hard as you did when you were unhappy with where you were at. I'm sure this is a reasonably big factor in people saying that the last 10 lbs/5kg/2lbs/whatever is hard to lose. It's because some of what drove you to make these changes and start losing weight has gone. Once I knuckled under and kept trying, the weight did slowly drop, although much slower of course due to the lower difference between maintenance and deficit. Keep trying - you'll get there in the end.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    That last pesky weight is gonna come off when it is good and ready.. And I mean this in all seriousness when I say this is where everything you do is important from logging accuracy, stopping the worry about getting that last bit off and if you are a daily weigher know the scale can be masked by varying circumstances (water retention/weight)

If you are tired of "dieting" it might be time to move to maintenance for a period of time and see if you indeed want to, or need to lose more, or perhaps think about body composition changes instead of more weight loss. Depending on how long you have "dieting" it might be time to take a "diet break".

If you must stay the course, it takes patience and more time, and perhaps losing at a rate that almost seems that you are in maintenance but you eating a small enough deficit to see fat loss continue on. This actually help getting into maintenance easier when you reach goal.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The no motivation thing is it. I had the same thing happen at around 125 (I'm 5'3), since I feel and look fine. I'd say take a break and get used to maintenance for a while -- that's a useful thing to do -- and for motivation it's pretty much like the motivation at the beginning. Figure out WHY you want to lose more, set new goals, have something concrete you are aiming for that's worth it.

I'm currently trying to get myself to focus on losing weight as helpful to improving my running speed (I have a foot injury that is not helping with this motivation, though) and also some strength training/BF% goals, with photos. I think making it as concrete as possible and knowing your reason (beyond "I want to be thinner" or "but my goal has always been X") is important.

But I totally relate, this has been my problem for a year or so!