How many calories do you leave a day for drinks?

Options
I use a lot of milk for tea/coffee and it annoys me. Why must milk have calories :-(

Replies

• magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I don't drink my calories.

I couldn't survive without some caffiene. I have Bipolar, so I spend a lot of time being tired. I have decaf in the morning, then have caffienated later on in the day if I need a boost.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options

I couldn't survive without some caffiene. I have Bipolar, so I spend a lot of time being tired. I have decaf in the morning, then have caffienated later on in the day if I need a boost.

I drink quite a lot of caffeine ... coffee, tea, Coke Zero ...
  • magicpickles
    Options

I love soda and would drink it constantly if it didn't have dangerous chemicals in it. I still drink too much though.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Just for milk. I drink two shot glasses a day. I favour calorie free drinks like diet soda, sparkling spring water and still water.
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I drink water, black coffee, which I log since it does have calories, and very diluted crystal light. I save my drink calories for an occasional mixed drink.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

I also prefer not to drink my calories. Its WAY too much of a pain to keep track of that along with tallying food in my head.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A couple hundred if I decide to go to Starbucks (skinny Double Chocolatey Chip frappucino), which is a handful of times a year. Otherwise, I just drink water and diet soda.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Usually none. Sometimes I want cocoa and will use milk, or I'll have protein in the form of a shake, but for the most part, I like to drink just tea and water. Calories are indeed a part of the reason, but the biggest reason is preference. I started drinking just tea and water for the most part when I was around 16 years old at the advice of my pediatrician, and I've come to prefer this.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Usually none, although I've occasionally tried some drinks with calories and I have a smoothie in the morning.

Mostly I drink water, coffee (black), and LaCroix. Sometimes tea (also black), occasionally Diet Coke or diet ginger ale.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options

BTW, I do know that everything but water has a few calories, but 2 or 3 calories per cup is practically nothing and not worth logging for me.

So I drink 3 or 4 cups of black coffee, 3 or 4 cups of water, 2 or 3 cups of tea (black, lemon-ginger, rooibos), and maybe in the neighbourhood of 4 cups of diet coke or coke zero.

There's maybe 20 or 25 calories in all of that which I can't be bothered logging.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I drink 0 calories with the exception of about 6 ounces of milk two or three times a week. I use unsweetened Silk and sugar free coffee/fat free coffee creamers (2 tbls a day).

I love milk,, I think milk "does a body good", oh a chocolate milk, is yummy... But when dieting the calories I eat are more important than the ones I drink.

Just plan these calories.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I typically drink up to 8 coffee's with milk and sugar a day. I pre log those in the morning since I usually have them same times every day. This way I know I will have calories for them.

Some days I may skip a coffee because I'm too busy and will have some bonus calories at end of the day. Unless I'm really hungry, I usually leave them as deficit bonus.
  • Snowflake2007
    Snowflake2007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I drink, water, coffee, and coke zero and 8 oz. of skim milk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Usually 0 too.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Options
    330/440 as milk is one of my great friends and key protein sources.

Apart from that it's all diet soda.
  • magicpickles
    Options
    I drink anything from 2 to 10 cups of tea a day. I rarely just drink water, I'm not a huge fan. Just when I workout.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    40 calories worth of half and half or milk, 30 calories for sugar. That's it. Often I try to only go with 15 calories from almond milk and my flavor drops to cut out sugar calories.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I drink over 500 calories a day in beverages, and I log them all; two teas, a French Vanilla, chocolate milk, and on the weekends VODKA! All but the vodka are daily, and included in my goal. If I know I'm going to consume more than usual, I make a point of doing some extra cardio the day of, or just go with it.....I've lost 80 lbs doing this, and haven't felt deprived yet..lol!