Pre packed chicken - views

Options
2»

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Are you talking about those roaster chickens that are already heated at the grocery store?

If so, they're ok. Most should have the nutrition label attached. IMO, I'd rather cook one at home and have it fresh out of the oven. The ones at the grocer tend to sit half the day or sometimes you can tell it's been sitting for a bit because it looks wrinkled (for a lack of better terms)... nutritionally though, the only difference is seasonings and with/without skin. They're good if you're short on time. But if you have time you can cook one that's bigger, fresher and (IMO) tastes better.

I meant the pre cut packs like chicken mini fillets etc that you find in the chiller cabinets at the super market

Like this?
    122_640_122_pp_pk_rfcb_122_nae_itd0116_640.jpg

They taste fine. They're easy to heat. They'll have more sodium. But if you don't want to take the time to bread your own chicken they're ok.

Or do you mean something like Perdue Perfect Portions, which is a bag of 5 chicken breasts, raw, and individually packaged? Which I absolutely love because they're not thick breasts and they cook easy, and if you're only cooking for yourself or another you're not opening an entire package and having to cook or store the rest for later.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    They're not as good as home cooked chicken but they're really helpful to have in the fridge if you need a little snack :) i often have them to add to omelettes or salad for a quick lunch!
  • cassieknights951
    cassieknights951 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    9797577lgabe.png
  • cassieknights951
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not able to figure out what is meant either.

Ive just added a picture of what I meant
    I sometimes buys for work etc
  • cassieknights951
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Are you talking about those roaster chickens that are already heated at the grocery store?

If so, they're ok. Most should have the nutrition label attached. IMO, I'd rather cook one at home and have it fresh out of the oven. The ones at the grocer tend to sit half the day or sometimes you can tell it's been sitting for a bit because it looks wrinkled (for a lack of better terms)... nutritionally though, the only difference is seasonings and with/without skin. They're good if you're short on time. But if you have time you can cook one that's bigger, fresher and (IMO) tastes better.

I meant the pre cut packs like chicken mini fillets etc that you find in the chiller cabinets at the super market

I still don't know what you mean. Do you mean raw chicken? Or do you mean breaded? Something else? Can you give us a brand/picture/something?

I've just added a pic