Question for the Ladies

Options
I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I've always been well-endowed in the chest department (last I was measured I was a 34DD). I'm expecting and hoping that with my weight loss my breast size will decrease also. However, my boobs are already not very round or firm, and I'm afraid as I lose weight they'll get even saggier. I'm only 21 so I feel like they should be better at my age.

I guess my question is, are there any exercises or tips for making my breasts firmer and rounder and less saggy? I know that since they're made of fat and skin there's probably not a whole lot you can do, but is there anything could help?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Not a whole lot you can do, it's true. I have done a lot of bench pressing during and since weight loss that has given me a nicer appearance around my upper body and breasts, but hasn't really done anything for the breasts themselves. If that makes sense.
  • huntersmom2016
    huntersmom2016 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sadly there aren't any exercises that will make much of a difference. You can try some exercises that work the chest muscles but it won't help with the roundness. Gravity can be a b sometimes. Also, I have heard that wearing a good supportive bra for most of your day can help with the sagging. I wish I could have been more helpful.
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    In my experience, there's not much you can do about it. Invest in a few good bras that make you feel good and try not to worry so much.
    Mine were always a bit on the droopy side and 3 kids and time didn't improve things. My husband is the only one that sees them and he doesn't mind.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    jelly filled tube socks -- that's super funny! Mine have been among the last to go, but down from a 38DD to 34C. Could be fluffier. Push ups definitely help.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there arent any exercises you can do to make them rounder. Your boobs will definitely get smaller with weight loss. I started in 38DD now and now 42 pounds lighter, I'm around a 34C. My boobs actually look better to me now than they ever have LOL.
  • Caroline393
    Caroline393 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought unfortunately, haha. I'm hoping if they get smaller it'll help a little and since I'm young my skin will be elastic enough not to be too loose :P Obviously good bras work wonders but I've always been jealous of the girls who can go braless and still have perfect boobs. But I guess that's never gonna be me! Lol
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok. I should probably leave this alone since I'm very opinionated on this topic. But I won't, because I'm very opinionated on this topic lol. Also, you are young yet, so hopefully this will help halt the downward progress. One of the biggest mistakes well-endowed women make is not wearing a sleep bra. The weight of your breasts is what will eventually make your breasts more saggy. Yes, losing weight will affect this also. But your breasts don't have muscles like the rest of you to keep them high and tight. They need support! How do I know, you ask? My stats.
    Highest weight:172
    Current weight:147
    Height: 5'6"
    Chest: 34G
    And I've been wearing sleep bras for about a billion years lol. Ok, so I'm 45, so maybe a billion is a slight exaggeration. But my girls are still high and tight even after losing 25 lbs and giving birth to an 8 lb baby 18 years ago. Ok, rant over since I'm not willing to get into the ridiculousness of American sizing.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    To the poster above, you're very fortunate!!! I've always slept with a bra, and I'm pretty saggy. It sucks.

As for a original poster: Best of luck to you!!
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    That does suck. Just think what they'd look like if you hadn't worn one. My sister is slightly larger than me, she never wore one. Her poor girls are low enough now that she wants a reduction to make them perky again. That's her choice, I don't judge either way.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've always worn a bra to bed too, the only time I'm ever braless is in the shower. I'm 34DD and not a hint of sagginess yet, I'm 44
  • LBgetsfit
    LBgetsfit Posts: 769 Member
    Options
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Wearing a bra to bed strikes me as odd

Breast mass and musculature will determine sagginess

Musculature in chest / pecs you can work on

Breast mass is outside your control

But beautiful lingerie is everyone's friends and your partner, whoever he or she may be, will just see "mmmm boobs" so learn to love yourself

I only wear my bra to bed because i couldn't be stuffed fiddling around in the morning to put it back on when i get up.
    I can NOT stand the feeling of walking around without a bra on, or even sitting down braless.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Wearing a bra to bed strikes me as odd

Breast mass and musculature will determine sagginess

Musculature in chest / pecs you can work on

Breast mass is outside your control

But beautiful lingerie is everyone's friends and your partner, whoever he or she may be, will just see "mmmm boobs" so learn to love yourself

I only wear my bra to bed because i couldn't be stuffed fiddling around in the morning to put it back on when i get up.
    I can NOT stand the feeling of walking around without a bra on, or even sitting down braless.

"Curiouser and curiouser" said Alice
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    After losing 70lbs mine look like tube socks stuffed with jelly but when I roll them up and stuff them into a good bra they look pretty good. I'm still a 34DD

Thank you for the laugh! (And, oh so true)
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Ok. I should probably leave this alone since I'm very opinionated on this topic. But I won't, because I'm very opinionated on this topic lol. Also, you are young yet, so hopefully this will help halt the downward progress. One of the biggest mistakes well-endowed women make is not wearing a sleep bra. The weight of your breasts is what will eventually make your breasts more saggy. Yes, losing weight will affect this also. But your breasts don't have muscles like the rest of you to keep them high and tight. They need support! How do I know, you ask? My stats.
    Highest weight:172
    Current weight:147
    Height: 5'6"
    Chest: 34G
    And I've been wearing sleep bras for about a billion years lol. Ok, so I'm 45, so maybe a billion is a slight exaggeration. But my girls are still high and tight even after losing 25 lbs and giving birth to an 8 lb baby 18 years ago. Ok, rant over since I'm not willing to get into the ridiculousness of American sizing.

I've always worn a sleep bra. I think it comes down to genetics and breast density.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

I'm totally the opposite. I hate bras. It comes off as soon as I get home. The only time I've worn a bra to bed is when I was nursing my babies - didn't want to leak milk everywhere. gross. :p