My Success Story

Options
5'7- Nov2014 160lbs VS Sep2016 120lbs

This is only phase one, I am going to build muscle next. I thought I was a unicorn with "skinny genes". Turns out office jobs are horn breakers and I gained 40lbs. I lost those 40lbs in about 3 years.

I started with Keto to break my sugar, carb and overly processed food addiction. I lost my first 10lbs doing Keto. I then joined a gym and switched to a more paleoish diet. Although I felt better I was stuck in a plateau. This plateau lasted over a year.

I stumbled across the sub r/Fatlogic on Reddit.com and it was a huge eye opener. I was falling for all the misinformation out there that justifies giving up rather than taking personal responsibility. I decided to start using a food scale and discovered although I was eating "healthy" food, I was eating 2-3X more than I thought I was. I used the Meal Prep Sunday strategy to prepare all my work week meals in perfect portions to eliminate the excuses I gave myself. I lost the remaining 30lbs in 15 weeks.

The best advice I can give is to treat plateaus like a puzzle and don't listen let anyone (including yourself) tell you that your goals are impossible.

hjd08cfbxz8n.jpeg

244733r5kfeh.jpeg

Replies

• Laviegurl25
    Laviegurl25 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome job! Great curves!!!! You looks amazing!
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great job! I like your hair darker too!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic.. wonderful job. sticking to it!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    OMG your waist is so tiny. Great job! You look amazing !!!
  • water4life
    water4life Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    great job, to be honest you were hot before too! glad you are feeling better and have more confidence. keep it up
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!! Great job!
  • tigerlilly24
    tigerlilly24 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Girl you are a perfect hourglass! Those curves are wicked hot!
  • terenceadavenport4265
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job! Not only did You change your life but you just inspired others to do the same. It's always great to hear and see success. You nailed it. Again, awesome job!
  • Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you that you've been able to have such a wonderful transformation of body and mind. Your physical body looks great, but it's even more encouraging to read that you recognize the many health benefits that you've gained from your weight loss. Congrats and good luck on your muscle building phase. You're a beautiful example of determination and accomplishment!! :) Thanks for sharing your journey with us.
  • CirocBda
    CirocBda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good for you, inspiration to others here
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!