Pumpkin spice Muffins! Easy!

Options
AlyssaPetsDogs
AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
I made these today. The plan was to have 24 muffins at 88 calories a pop.... However, I only had one muffin tray and I filled the first 12 too full. So I yielded 18 muffins total at 117 calories each. Oops!

Preheat over to 350F
Mix together 15 oz of canned pumpkin, 4 oz unsweetened applesauce, and 1 box of spice cake mix.
Portion into lines or sprayed muffin tin.
Bake for about 20 minutes until brown.

Let cool and then eat them all (or just 1 :) )

The recipe I used called for walnuts on top, but I nixed those because they seemed unnecessary to me!

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I make these with just the spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. I add a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the cake mix before mixing in the pumpkin, it makes it a little spicier. They turn out great without the apple sauce and are still very moist. I don't use walnuts either, but you could use any type of nuts or raisins. I freeze them and put in a gallon Ziploc bag. I use cupcake liners too.
    I have heard that they are good using any kind of cake mix, but I have only used the spice cake.
    They are delicious.
  • K8EYDID
    K8EYDID Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    These sound so yummy I'm making them soon!
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Those look great!! I'll be making these soon :smile:
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have heard that they are good using any kind of cake mix, but I have only used the spice cake.
    They are delicious.

I like them with devil's food mix as well--the chocolate is enough to cover the pumpkin taste. Good idea to freeze them!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Don't even need the applesauce!
  • MyrnaSolganick
    MyrnaSolganick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What is the carb content?
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ow wow I made these...used the spice cake mix and pumpkin, threw in some apple pie spice. Thanks for the recipe, everyone loved it!