Full Huel for a month

Options
September I'm on Huel for the month, who else is using Huel.??

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Sounds absolutely horrific.
    My week on powdered food made me feel less spaceman, more idiot
    It’s basically Complan, the meal-replacement concoction you may remember from such decades as the 80s but which, much like Annie Lennox, continues to make its wares available in the 21st century, with a trendy font.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/09/lunch-fatigue-meal-replacement-powder-huel
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Unless you're an infant or under doctor's orders for a medical condition, it's doubtful that a formula diet will be of any real benefit.
  • AndyP2018
    AndyP2018 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes I have read the article from the Guardian, I find the shakes filling and away of controlling calorie intake, I'm running 3 miles every other day, fine.

I can keep this feed updated of my coming results, I would knock it until you tried it.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Yes I have read the article from the Guardian, I find the shakes filling and away of controlling calorie intake, I'm running 3 miles every other day, fine.

I can keep this feed updated of my coming results, I would knock it until you tried it.

sorry, I know you meant the opposite, but irresistible :-)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Do whatever. You've already decided on it and will probably push through it even if you hate it, just because we're "knocking it. " It's your prerogative. I like a diet of food, which includes dill buttered salmon, roast beef, steamed veggies (which admittedly aren't as exciting as shakes all day) and these delicious snackies of mozzarella wrapped in prosciutto.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I had to have a liquid diet for a few days, followed by soft food for about a month after some dental work. I got to eat a lot of different things, but I really missed texture in my food.
    So, for me, a liquid diet with almost no variety would be very unpleasant, but if you love it, then go for it, I guess it's just another way to take in your calories.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

We'd live in an awfully regressive and boring world if we could only have an opinion on things we have tried.

Your results will be dictated by how many calories you consume, just like everyone else.

I wish you luck for your month of powdered misery.

I dunno.. I try not to hand out advice on here unless i have experience with it. Unless it's a mind numbingly obvious or stupid/dangerous question, then I'll put in my 2 cents in. But other than that, if i haven't experienced it, then i don't like to advise.