Question for the Ladies

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    I only wear my bra to bed because i couldn't be stuffed fiddling around in the morning to put it back on when i get up.
    I can NOT stand the feeling of walking around without a bra on, or even sitting down braless.

I'm totally the opposite. I hate bras. It comes off as soon as I get home. The only time I've worn a bra to bed is when I was nursing my babies - didn't want to leak milk everywhere. gross. :p

Ditto. Hate them.

Though I did just find the BEST bra for small breasts. Uniqlo size extra small with no wires. I don't even need to bother with a cup size anymore.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I only wear my bra to bed because i couldn't be stuffed fiddling around in the morning to put it back on when i get up.
    I can NOT stand the feeling of walking around without a bra on, or even sitting down braless.

I'm totally the opposite. I hate bras. It comes off as soon as I get home. The only time I've worn a bra to bed is when I was nursing my babies - didn't want to leak milk everywhere. gross. :p

Agreed. When I get home from work the first thing I do is take off my work clothes, bra included. If it's a weekend and I get home, my rules are that the bra and the pants must come off. I feel uncomfortable and lost otherwise.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Maxematics wrote: »

Agreed. When I get home from work the first thing I do is take off my work clothes, bra included. If it's a weekend and I get home, my rules are that the bra and the pants must come off. I feel uncomfortable and lost otherwise.

OMG, me too. Frankly, as little clothing as possible. "Man, I hope no one drops by unexpectedly." lolol
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Ditto. Hate them.

Though I did just find the BEST bra for small breasts. Uniqlo size extra small with no wires. I don't even need to bother with a cup size anymore.

Well, I'm not very small - 36B/C, but not huge. Big enough that I probably should not go braless in public at my age. ;)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Ditto. Hate them.

Well, I'm not very small - 36B/C, but not huge. Big enough that I probably should not go braless in public at my age. ;)

Oh yeah :( Not small. I forget sometimes that I'm in the minority.
  • Caroline393
    Caroline393 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've heard girls claim that about wearing bras while they sleep, but it's just so uncomfortable. I've accidentally fallen asleep with my bra on before and woke up having taken it off in the middle of the night
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Even if you go to bed wearing a bra, surely it comes off...during....do you put it on again after?
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Lol, yes it comes off during. And yes I put it on after. Sleep bras are different than regular bras. Google, you'll find multiple sources. Sleeping in a regular bra would be uncomfortable imo.
  • Isabelle_1929
    Isabelle_1929 Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought unfortunately, haha. I'm hoping if they get smaller it'll help a little and since I'm young my skin will be elastic enough not to be too loose :P Obviously good bras work wonders but I've always been jealous of the girls who can go braless and still have perfect boobs. But I guess that's never gonna be me! Lol

Large breasts having a "perfect shape" by themselves, without surgery? In what dimension does this exist?

I know it's hard not to compare ourselves to other women, even if it's only hurting us; but don't start comparing yourself to bodies that were changed by surgery and/or photoshop. I am not saying that "miracles of nature" do not exist somewhere (ie naturally large and heavy breasts, staying up and round without support), but they are so exceptional, you should not even bother.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Even if you go to bed wearing a bra, surely it comes off...during....do you put it on again after?

LOL I knew someone was going to ask this.. Yes, it does come off and stays off.
    I don't mind sleeping without a bra, i only leave it on because i'm in a daze when i first wake up and what should take me 1/2 a minute ends up taking me 2-3 minutes to get the damn thing on, plus i get up before my husband, so i'm sitting on the edge of the bed in the dark, it's winter here so i'm freezing my butt off, all the while hoping I've hooked it up properly!

I hate, hate ,hate the feeling of being 'unsupported', it's just incredibly uncomfortable. I buy decent bras, so you cant tell you're wearing one when in bed. If i had teeny boobs it probably wouldn't be an issue, but i dont like the feeling of them bouncing around or just hanging there unsupported when i'm sitting down typing on the computer or whatever. For me it's 100 times more uncomfortable NOT wearing a bra, than it is wearing one.
  • rotumanwahine
    rotumanwahine Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You're lucky you are young, you still have elasticity in your skin and should shrink. I'm a 34DD but after having my baby I'm an F cup now
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    ...I've always been jealous of the girls who can go braless and still have perfect boobs. But I guess that's never gonna be me! Lol

Even the smallest of breasts develop ptosis (sagging) as a woman ages.

I was a 34A/small B before I got truly fat back in 2006. Even at my largest of an obese 238 lbs, I only increased in size to a 38B/small C. Despite being mostly glandular and very little fat to increase substantially with fat weight gain, my boobs are definitely not where I left them a decade ago - they have definitely dropped down the chest wall a noticeable distance.

And that's despite going from wearing a bra only when in public to wearing a sports bra most of the time to try to keep my suspensory ligaments from being stretched by the token increase in size/weight.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Some people will tell you, Sure if you lose weight you'll drop boob size. But others will say they stayed the same or even went up.

It largely depends on genetics. Losing weight doesn't decrease my cup size. I'm a 34H now and sometimes fit a 32 band, and I have never been pregnant or nursed a baby. I'm not sure why mine are so big - I'd guess genetics and my percent body fat. For reference I weigh 157 lbs at 5'6". There's not a lot to lose (I'm here for strength training!)...the boobs themselves are 5-7 lbs of the 25 I'd like to lose. I have to be realistic, and maybe you do too. In fact some women are likely to decrease band size, which means even less to support these puppies.

It's not awesome, not at all, for those who think having big boobs is a party. I've got chronic lower back pain and frequently get tension headaches. Bras run from $60-$80, or $120 for a strapless. Bikinis and sports bras cannot be bought in normal stores, forget it. Professional clothes like fitted shirts or jackets have to be bought at size 12 or 14, while lower body is at size 8. The waistline on dresses always sits above my natural waist, if I can even find a dress that'll zip up around my chest and not be too low cut. And honestly, exercise is difficult. In yoga they end up smothering me or adding to back strain. In running they move around a lot. The list goes on.

I hope this is not your situation. My plan is to lift weights to reduce body fat and build core strength, along with losing the 20-25 lbs. My great hope is lower body fat means smaller boobs. This will take a while to see results, and even longer to decide yay or nay...because the boob fat is the very last to go for me (true for many of us).

If not, then I suppose it'll be a surgical reduction but I want to try everything else first.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Some people will tell you, Sure if you lose weight you'll drop boob size. But others will say they stayed the same or even went up.

It largely depends on genetics. Losing weight doesn't decrease my cup size. I'm a 34H now and sometimes fit a 32 band, and I have never been pregnant or nursed a baby. I'm not sure why mine are so big - I'd guess genetics and my percent body fat. For reference I weigh 157 lbs at 5'6". There's not a lot to lose (I'm here for strength training!)...the boobs themselves are 5-7 lbs of the 25 I'd like to lose. I have to be realistic, and maybe you do too. In fact some women are likely to decrease band size, which means even less to support these puppies.

It's not awesome, not at all, for those who think having big boobs is a party. I've got chronic lower back pain and frequently get tension headaches. Bras run from $60-$80, or $120 for a strapless. Bikinis and sports bras cannot be bought in normal stores, forget it. Professional clothes like fitted shirts or jackets have to be bought at size 12 or 14, while lower body is at size 8. The waistline on dresses always sits above my natural waist, if I can even find a dress that'll zip up around my chest and not be too low cut. And honestly, exercise is difficult. In yoga they end up smothering me or adding to back strain. In running they move around a lot. The list goes on.

I hope this is not your situation. My plan is to lift weights to reduce body fat and build core strength, along with losing the 20-25 lbs. My great hope is lower body fat means smaller boobs. This will take a while to see results, and even longer to decide yay or nay...because the boob fat is the very last to go for me (true for many of us).

If not, then I suppose it'll be a surgical reduction but I want to try everything else first.

@TanyaHooton does it bother you going bra-less? Is it uncomfortable? I'm only 34DD and it is uncomfortable for me to not wear a bra, plus i like the feeling of security having them contained and not free slapping all over the place :smiley:
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Back to your original question, bench press and strength training will help develop the muscles underneath, so do that.

Breast tissue turgidity is genetic. You can only cross your fingers. Don't let the issue of sagging or not sagging affect your weight loss goals. They're going to face gravity no matter which choice is made.

Good bras and weightlifting. That all I can say.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Options

@TanyaHooton does it bother you going bra-less? Is it uncomfortable? I'm only 34DD and it is uncomfortable for me to not wear a bra, plus i like the feeling of security having them contained and not free slapping all over the place :smiley:

Yes, very much so; it's very uncomfortable. I've worn a bra since I was 10. I don't remember a time without one. Even if I wanted to try...just no. It's not modest in a professional work environment; it's distracting. I don't want my kids or nieces and nephews to be grossed out. Also my figure and posture are much better when I wear a bra. And like it or not, there's a judgment toward large breasts, as if i grew them this size on purpose...to be sexual, or something. I want to be known for my brain, not these unruly appendages. :)

I sleep bra-less because I strongly believe in letting circulation back into my armpit lymph nodes while sleeping. I know it sounds weird but the bras I wear have tall sides with wires going up quite a ways and at night there are always red marks on my skin from the bra.

However I do sleep on my side (a big no-no for large breasted ladies, bc that's how we end up with lines in our cleavage!) with a bidy pillow tucked between them for separation. It's my compromise.
  • Caroline393
    Caroline393 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guess that's what I'm gonna do, just hope they get smaller and work on strength training. I'd rather be fit with saggy boobs than the alternative haha