I binged

Options
i've been eating at a caloric deficit and doing IF. i had a cheat meal yesterday but i couldn't stop eating. I wasn't even hungry anymore but i continued eating until i felt sick. Today i decided to get back on track with my diet and stop worrying but it happened again after dinner and i just couldn't stop eating. I've never felt so guilty before it sucks

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Me thinks perhaps IF isn't for you. How long are you fasting? 12hrs or 16hrs?
  • AveyHam
    AveyHam Posts: 70 Member
    Options
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    More than likely the IF. Just try eating normally. 3 healthy meals a day with healthy snacks and stay on your calorie goals.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I agree that IF doesn't sound like a good fit for you.

When you eat doesn't matter for weight loss. The important thing is to find a way of eating that lets you eat at a deficit comfortably. Some people can do that with IF and some can't.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    AveyHam wrote: »
    i've been eating at a caloric deficit and doing IF. i had a cheat meal yesterday but i couldn't stop eating. I wasn't even hungry anymore but i continued eating until i felt sick. Today i decided to get back on track with my diet and stop worrying but it happened again after dinner and i just couldn't stop eating. I've never felt so guilty before it sucks

Try not to be too hard on yourself. How do you define a binge? That terminology means different things to people. How many calories do you think you ate? Was it a binge or did you overeat? I have eaten almost 4,000 calories and I am 5'1.9" and average 1500 calories. Although 4,000 was way over, I don't call it a binge. I just say that I overate. I don't call it a binge because of all the negative thoughts and feelings that usually accompany a binge. I don't feel those things. I just sometimes have days that every once in a while, where I just overeat. It is usually just one day and I am back to normal eating.

I think I would be a bit more concerned if it lasted more than a day. Do you think you are eating too few calories or is something emotional triggering your desire to eat?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Calories you are allowed to eat sounds to me too low..OR the IF is not suitable for you.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I would consider taking it down to 12hrs for a little while, it could make an eating mindset difference and stop you from binging.
  • AveyHam
    Options
    leejoyce31 wrote: »
    Try not to be too hard on yourself. How do you define a binge? That terminology means different things to people. How many calories do you think you ate? Was it a binge or did you overeat? I have eaten almost 4,000 calories and I am 5'1.9" and average 1500 calories. Although 4,000 was way over, I don't call it a binge. I just say that I overate. I don't call it a binge because of all the negative thoughts and feelings that usually accompany a binge. I don't feel those things. I just sometimes have days that every once in a while, where I just overeat. It is usually just one day and I am back to normal eating.

I think I would be a bit more concerned if it lasted more than a day. Do you think you are eating too few calories or is something emotional triggering your desire to eat?

Oh trust me it was a binge lol i ate everything! Even if i didn't like it

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options

Then if you are truly binging, maybe this forum is not the place for you to receive insight. Binge eating can lead to many problems. I would not be so presumptuous as to advise you to get help because I don't think that would be my place, but I hope you can get this under control. There are generally very negative thoughts and feelings that accompany true binges.
  • RoxieDawn
    Options

This sounds a bit scary.. Eating things you do not like and as you described eating till you felt sick are a bit alarming. Have you done this in the past? And are their emotional stressors that are contributing to this?

What can we do to point you in the direction of the help you are looking for???
  • AveyHam
    Options
    It's never happened before probably cause i was never so obsessed with food and i ate whatever i wanted. i don't know what it was but yesterday I just lost control and couldn't stop

i posted this topic because i felt like it would be better to openly admit that i've made a mistake and hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thanks for all the responses it made me calm down a bit! (:
  • RoxieDawn
    Options
    It's never happened before probably cause i was never so obsessed with food and i ate whatever i wanted. i don't know what it was but yesterday I just lost control and couldn't stop

i posted this topic because i felt like it would be better to openly admit that i've made a mistake and hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thanks for all the responses it made me calm down a bit! (:

Ahhh I feel much better. LOL

Things like this happens, there will be varying degrees to what extent this happens, but everyone has a bad day now and then. If something stressed you out, or perhaps you just wanted to "rebel" against the diet or anything else in life for a moment, that's ok too... BUT just know your limits and when ever you feel the need, come right back here if that will help you out... :):)
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Just claim it, own it, and learn from it!