Honest Loose Skin Thoughts & Pics

Replies

• icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Op, your post is exceptionally inspiring. A little sense of humor is admirable, thank you for posting. So many of us are in the same boat, with similar concerns. Thanks for reminding me that a bit of loose skin isn't the end of the world
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    You are an amazing and brave woman. I'm sure your honesty will help many people. I've always loved your posts, but now I'll love them even more because I know there is a strong woman behind them.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Informative, honest, and well written (with an engaging and humorous style)...I had to check my URL.

Thanks for balancing the many comments that, although well intentioned, don't address the actual issues that many may face.

And also, thanks for demonstrating, by your example, that we're all a product of the path we've taken, both physically and emotionally.

As another poster mentioned upthread, this should definitely be "stickied," given the frequency of "loose skin" posts.

Very inspiring!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    OP thank you for being so brave and sharing with us all. Very inspiring and I love your self confidence.
  • _piaffe
    _piaffe Posts: 163 Member
    A great post. Thank you for sharing your story and perspective - it's inspiring.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Bump!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Boy, can I relate to this one. Thanks for posting this super-inspiring post!
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    SUPER SUPER awesome!! And you started at 400 POUNDS?? Incredible! Excellent! Geez louise sister, you are worthy of every bit of praise that you get.

And, I know it's expensive and frivolous, but what about surgery to remove the excess skin?
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Thank you for your refreshing honesty and courage.
    I dont think I will ever show my lower abs to anyone other than my spouse. After losing 80-90lb the first time I had A LOT of skin but only on the lower half of my tummy. The only thing that has helped are collagen cream and time. Now its not as bad as it was and I hide it with high waisted clothes.
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Thank you so much for your bravery. You have every reason to be proud of yourself and your body. You're an inspiration and I will keep you in mind as I deal with my own loose skin.